Railroad Line Forums - The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Promised Update... Topic Next Topic: Early Railroad Equipment into the 50s
Page: of 87

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  11:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed, beautiful work!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2014 :  4:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob, you are right. When I placed it on the main street the military uniformity of the horses was much less prominent.

Don, I have seen some Jordan sets on Ebay from time to time with only horses but had no idea that they could be bought directly. I googled for Jordan but could not find any homepage. Do you have an address or link?

Thanks Greg for the kind words! I hope you have a nice early summer in Canada, I remember a photo of your cottage with lots and lots of snow. Make me cold just thinking of it. The shotgun is only for show and not even loaded. There hasn’t been a stagecoach hold up in the area for decades.

Thanks Carl and Dallas! I hope the next one will be even better, I’ll keep in mind what I have learned about harnessing and such to the next build. Must also try Troels method with the tape.

Håkan

Edited by - masonamerican on 05/27/2014 4:44:01 PM

Donald Ball
New Hire

Posted - 05/27/2014 :  5:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donald Ball's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The address for Jordan Products is Box 644, Brighton, Michigan 48116. I received a four-page flyer from them showing their kits plus the horses and wheels which could be purchased separately. I would suggest including a stamped, self-address envelope with your request.

Don Ball
Stockton & Copperopolis RR

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  02:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, when cutting strips from the masking tape, I apply it to a glass surface and use a single edge razor blade. You can cut amazingly thin strips this way...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  12:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Don for the address.
And Troels for the tip. I have started on another Jordan wagon that I'll try the tape strips on. Hopefully I'll continue on the Caboose tonight.

Håkan

jefbar
Section Hand

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, this is the first time I have been through your posts. I started at the beginning and couldn't stop moving forward. If I may make some suggestions about your work, though...who the heck am I kidding, that is some of the best work I have seen. I am new to the hobby, and envisioned something grand some day, but seeing this work might have just scaled back my expectation. I am anxiously awaiting additional posts. Very nice!

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff, I'm happy you like my modeling. I'm blushing over here.

I continued on the caboose today. There was a lot to cut and file but the resin was quite easy to work with. More like styrene then brittle resin so it was quite easy. Here is a photo of the progress so far. As not all parts are included I have ordered some parts that I'm waiting for. But there is lots that I can do before the parts arrive. I mounted some arch bars to test the coupler height. I have not decided which trucks to use yet. The instructions are quite specific but as I'm freelancing I feel free to chose.

Håkan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/28/2014 :  8:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about doing a separate build thread on this caboose?

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Geezer
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  07:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Following along with the caboose build....
Nice work on the stage coach too!!!

"You can find my Website & Threads here:"
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47229

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  1:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm happy you are following along Bill.
And thank you for the kind words on the stage coach.

Håkan

Ross74H
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/15/2014 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ross74H's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow that little bobber with the rider on it looks amazing!

Oooo so jealous. SCC were sold out of all the kits I wanted!

Looking forward to seeing it painted up and running.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 06/16/2014 :  12:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ross,
one have to be quick to reserve one when they are advertised as they disappear fast. I sure has missed one or two

Håkan

Ross74H
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/18/2014 :  1:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ross74H's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL, I am still looking at my wood kits and getting too scared to build them. I got a C&M "Battleship" gon that I really want to build but too worried to.

How do you know when they have kits out as the website doesn't seem to be frequently updated.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 06/19/2014 :  07:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ross, there is a first time for us all and to open the box for the first time and to start building can be a bit intimidating. But when you have started you will find it great fun and very rewarding. I hope you overcome your fear and start building. If you run into problems you can most certainly get an answer from all the knowledgable people here on the forum.

For new releases from SCCW I always keep an eye open for ads on the Earlyrail forum

Håkan

Edited by - masonamerican on 06/19/2014 07:24:10 AM

Greg Rich
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  11:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hakan,
It just dawned on me as I was perusing this wonderful thread, that you've included "Navigation" in the title of your RR. Do you have plans to one day interface with shipping on your layout?

Greg R.

Page: of 87 Previous Topic: Promised Update... Topic Next Topic: Early Railroad Equipment into the 50s  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000