Railroad Line Forums - The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...
Page: of 89

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  09:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Håkan

Green is a great choice for the front door since it's a color that is said to represent balance, peace, compassion, growth, renewal, and harmony.

Ahhh, I'm at peace already. Great looking buiilding too.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Håkan (despite the white
). I like the the 2nd floor door.
Enjoy Austria. Are guys doing the "Sound of Music" thing or hunting for a little summer?

It's only make-believe

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a great time in Austria!!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, your building is coming along nicely. Have a good trip to Austria. I love that part of the world.

George

CBryars2
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  6:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CBryars2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very well done. Love the trim on the door being altered to match the windows.

I may have missed it, but where did you find the peaked windows?

Thanks Cameron

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All! We have a hotel with free internet although slow so I thought I do a post. I'm a bit shaken from a near collision on the Autobahn. On the Autobahn all of a sudden a traffic jam can occur if if one is not on edge one can run right into the car in front which is what we nearly did. The average speed is around 140-150kmh with cars also running in the fast lane 180-200kmh so one have to keep very alert.

Carl, Thanks for the tip, I'll lighten them a little.

Bob, more "Sound of music" I guess. Just wait the green/black is in the pipeline for another building.

Thanks, Troels, Frank, George and Cameron. If we survive the traffic
Cameron the windows are from Grandt line.

Happy modeling!
Håkan

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  03:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice building, Håkan. Enjoy your stay in Austria.

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  5:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All, today we came back after have survived the Autobahn. Actually one became used to it so when we arrived back home which has much stricter speed limits it felt like we was creeping keeping to the limits

Austria was absolutely great and even if it was a family holiday we had time to ride some steam trains and go to some railway museums. One unforgettable ride was on the cog railway Schafbergbahn going up from abt 590m to 1780m height (abt 5800 feet).
http://www.schafbergbahn.at/

Here is a picture of one of their modern steam locomotives.

We also had time on the journey home to visit DDM, Deutsche Dampflokmuseum in Neuenmarkt where I for the first time got to ride in the cab of a steam locomotive. The engineer was very enthusiastic showing all the controls but was very hard to understand as he explained it all in dialect German. The museum was great even if you are not interested in German trains. They also had a beautiful exhibition layout in HO made by the famous Josef Brandl.

Today the modeling itch got bad so I started on the building again. I fitted the window glass, very tedious cutting them to fit (Tips appreciated to do this in an easier way!) and gluing them to the frame using Pledge. I also started on the roof.

Last is here a picture showing a "Sound of Music" meadow taken while hiking.

Håkan

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  5:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear you survived the unlimited speed on the german autobahn

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  5:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to have you back. That's a neat looking 0-6-0 in any heritage.
The Wagon factory is looking good. On the "glass", if you're not detailing the interior just cut the "glass" a little bigger than the window opening and glue it to the back side of the siding. That's a lot quicker and more forgiving.

Finally, I so want to go running through that meadow.

It's only make-believe

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, that's great you got a ride in a steam locomotive.. It's something most of us would also like to do, but probably will never have the opportunity.

George

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  02:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Nice building, Håkan. Enjoy your stay in Austria.

Thanks Frederic! I have some catching up to do as we had very bad internet on our Journey.

Thanks Martin, wish I could afford a Mercedes or BMW as it seems that is one of those one need to go fast on the Autobahn

Thanks Bob, and for the tip.

Thanks George, it was exhilarating even if it only was a small loco. I can only Imagine a large locomotive.

Down to the basement. If my family lets me

Håkan

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like you & your Family Håkan had a nice vacation!
That modern steam engine looks really nice.
It's nice to see,that your workshop is alive with the sounds activity!

Greg Shinnie

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  1:37:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Thanks Greg! We did have a great vacation although it was much driving.

Sound of Music helps, here are some progress pictures. I wanted the roof to look like redwood shingles relatively newly laid. I tried Carls method on coloring shingles before I laid them on and it worked great! I used about 7-8 different colors to give variety with emphasize on reddish earth colors like burnt umber and burnt sienna. Please note that the roof has not yet been weathered as it (hopefully) will tone down things a little. The shingles are from Rusty Stumps with adhesive backing. The adhesive makes it easy to adjust the shingles compared to ordinary glue.
I also have test fitted some of the dormers and the small window on the tower. Some of the shingles are a little askew and will be adjusted before I glue the dormers down.

Håkan

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  2:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That's a nice-looking structure! The coloring on the shingles looks great with the siding, trim & stone work ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Page: of 89 Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000