Railroad Line Forums - HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: Bridge ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS
Page: of 21

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've moved a few more of Cody's threads into this forum. Some nice projects to view. More yet to come.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  01:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well got a few more things on my to do list after placing an order with NWSL. A bunch of shaft adaptor bushings to use on my Hon3 CLimax re motor projects, A new gear for my Balboa T-12 that i am remotoring and also 2 70ton conversion kits. It should keep me busy for a while :-)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  08:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian_batey

... and also 2 70ton conversion kits.

I'm glad to hear that these are still available, Adrian. I will have to call and get one. I bought an extra 70 tonner for the project last year.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  12:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a picture:

Train No 64 does some switching at Salina.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  1:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shot, Wolfgang. Is that a Preiser wagon in the background?

Jeff S.

Edited by - jschumaker on 11/27/2011 1:44:44 PM

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  1:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is. I've got it many years ago....

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  1:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It fits in well with the scene.

Jeff S.

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 11/27/2011 :  10:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all, great thread, it's nice to see so much excellent HOn3 and HOn30 modelling going on!

I haven't been up to much but here's the latest HOn30 model I've been working on, a Monson Railway 26' flatcar kit from Steven's Creek Models:

It's a nice little kit and goes together nicely. It's got the usual Grandt Line trucks and Micro Trains couplers.. Unfortunately it's got a little bit of a twist lenghtwise which I might be able to correct with a creative load.

Cheers,

-Cody

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  08:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job, Cody. Too bad the kits aren't made anymore.

Jeff S.

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  1:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jschumaker

Nice job, Cody. Too bad the kits aren't made anymore.

Jeff S.

They will be available here later this winter as soon as I can get some parts cast. I bought the rights and designs from Ken last month. I already has released some of the structure kits in HO and one in N
rich

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  2:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich,

That's great to know. I was aware that the structure kits were being re-released, but wasn't sure about the cars. Will the Monson boxcar kits be available in the future?

Jeff S.

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  5:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is the plan hope to start on the rolling stock soon. All depends on how fast I can find someone to cast the parts I need. Ken gave me most of the molds but still need some made up.
My local caster has health problems and has not been casting.
rich
quote:
Originally posted by jschumaker

Rich,

That's great to know. I was aware that the structure kits were being re-released, but wasn't sure about the cars. Will the Monson boxcar kits be available in the future?

Jeff S.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

Edited by - spyder62 on 11/28/2011 6:00:05 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  09:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that some of you are new to the RR-L Forums over the past few months. I want to share with you one of our annual traditions - a Photo Gallery of our modeling accomplishments over the entire year.

We simply post a photo of the work with a brief description and post it in the Photo Gallery thread. Here is the link: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34987

Pictures of structures, rolling stock, motive power, vehicles, bench work, track work, etc., all are welcome. If you worked on it in 2011 it is appropriate.

This is a great opportunity to show members who don't normally venture into HOn30/HOn3 territory the great modeling going on over here. Who knows, we might get some converts!

I'm going to kick off my contributions with an HOn3 gondola that I scratch built earlier this year. Hope to see you there.

Bruce

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  5:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I know that some of you are new to the RR-L Forums over the past few months. I want to share with you one of our annual traditions - a Photo Gallery of our modeling accomplishments over the entire year.

I better hurry up and get something done by the end of the year then

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  06:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning
It's been some time since I was active in the hobby but that's another story. Bruce invited me to join the RR-L HOn30 & n3 Forum and I can't wait to get going. I'm planning on building a 2x7 layout located somewhere on the northeast coast of Maine back in the 1900's. HOn30 will be the ruling gauge, Peco HOe rack is planned for the pike and my Digitrax Chief DCC system will provide the power and control. I couldn't resist the name: Otter Cover Shipping Co. Just in the planning stages but always looking for ideas and suggestions.
Thanks for the invite
Peter

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000