Railroad Line Forums - HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 77 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rubbles Station kit mingle Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS
Page: of 21

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  03:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note here as i thought it may be more direct to the Hon3 crowd.

I repainted this shay a fair while back. Im considering parting with it if anyone may be interested. Its a United Hon3 with original open frame motor.

Im going to get it out on the weekend and take some more photos and give it a little run.

Anyone interested can PM me an offer.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2015 :  8:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone is looking for a simple plastic kit to build then grab a Durango Press Hon3 Westside caboose. Injection molded kit. Working on one now. I would add some weight to it though as they seem a little light.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  8:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just popping in to see what everyone has been up to. Its been a little quiet in the hon3 hon30 lounge.

Anyone been finishing any new models?

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  08:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian_batey

Just popping in to see what everyone has been up to. Its been a little quiet in the hon3 hon30 lounge.

Anyone been finishing any new models?

Does seem quiet.

Between TT scale, HOn3, HOn30 and Standard gauge HO, plus outside work, nothing is getting done.

I'm at that point where I have many projects in mind but don't know where to start first.

"Do what dear?" "Yes, I know I need to mow the lawn." See?

Bernd

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  8:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
, Seems your'e not alone Bernd...The honey do's and all the 1:1 spring projects
from the harsh winter], Nothing important is getting done.....

Ted in South Western, Connecticut

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2015 :  10:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im still alive but not really kicking in the train department. Building a new home and between jobs has cut the modelling budget very slim that i have had to part with some of the collection that is fast becoming the hole collection.
Its just got me thinking if i want to model logging in 1:87 maybe standard gauge is the most economical way for me to go. Time will tell i guess.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2015 :  3:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian_batey

Im still alive but not really kicking in the train department. Building a new home and between jobs has cut the modelling budget very slim that i have had to part with some of the collection that is fast becoming the hole collection.
Its just got me thinking if i want to model logging in 1:87 maybe standard gauge is the most economical way for me to go. Time will tell i guess.

Me too, but not in a situation like you are. Hoping it'll turn around for you.

That's kind of a tough question to answer. If you'd have to start over it's probably easier to go with standard gauge since equipment would be easier to find and cheaper too.

Bernd

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  2:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy Folks,

I've been pretty quiet of the building front, but have managed to complete a few things, most of which I forgot to photograph before selling them. I did take a builders photo of my 26' HOn3 boxcar:

(since y'all like photos, right?)

Since I liquidated my HOn3 collection I've been more active in HOn30 lately, I'll post some updates eventually.

So, what's everyone else building?

-Cody

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cody,

What have I been building? NOTHING Been busy doing the detail work on the front of the house. Getting it ready for the landscaper. One more coat of paint on the door trim and I'm done.

Modeling wise. I think I've collected more ideas and "wana' do" projects to last several life times. Trying to get a module built in TT scale for a possible magazine article. Many unfinished projects are staring me in the face also. I figure with cooler weather coming that just maybe I'll get going on at least one project and finish it.

Maybe if I give up on surfing the net all the time I'll get a project or two done. Or at least cut back on the amount of time I spend wandering the ether would definitely help.

Have to say though, seeing your HOn30 projects is inspirational. So just maybe if you post a few more I'll get going.

Bernd

Marsh_Creek
Section Hand

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  07:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marsh_Creek's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I've been doing more 3D modeling, than physical modeling of late. This is an MDT Conversion I have on Shapeways, printed in the Frosted Extreme Detail

WW&F Caboose 301 I'm slowly working on:

And one of 5 HOn30 truck designs I have done in the last 2 months (the Jackson and Sharp Trucks are seen on the Caboose):

Rich

Go Build Something Awesome.

http://www.marshcreekmini.com/

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  1:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Rich.

I'm particularly interested in those trucks. Why? They might work for TT scale log trucks. If you'd get around to getting printed I'd be interested in a set to use as masters to make some resin castings. If you don't mind that is.

Bernd

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  3:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indeed, nice little diesel and I especially like the caboose. Is it a 3D print as well?

Bernd, I have a few more bits in the works! Stay tuned.

-Cody

Marsh_Creek
Section Hand

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  07:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marsh_Creek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

The caboose was custom lasered, but the trucks are 3D printed.

Bernd, the trucks, and MDT conversion are available at https://www.shapeways.com/shops/marsh_creek

Rich

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  09:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich,

Do you plan to release the caboose as a kit?

Jeff S.

Marsh_Creek
Section Hand

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marsh_Creek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I doubt I'll put it out as a full kit, But if there is enough interest, I can offer the cut parts as a "DIY" kit.

Rich

Rich

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Rubbles Station kit mingle Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000