Railroad Line Forums - HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 11 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: Bridge ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS
Page: of 21

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  5:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got stuck into a trout creek log car over the last few evenings. The kits are great but not the easiest and very much a scratch builders kit with instructions to be honest. Not 100% finished but they seem to have gpood weight if you use metal trucks on them. I had to make some modifications to the coupler box and manufacture something from styrer to get kadees to fit but im sure there is another option out ther.

Anyway some pics later in the week. Just wanted to mention ive had some success :-)

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  11:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if there are any 18' Box Car kits available in Hon3?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  07:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrian, I will check my stash to see if there are any 18 footers.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian_batey

Anyone know if there are any 18' Box Car kits available in Hon3?

Railway REcollection make resin kits in HOn30.
They may be adaptable for HOn3.

Jeff S.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well ive had a great few days of modeling over the weekend.

I received a new airbrush an Iwata neo. I wanted something of a little higher quality then ive had in the past. It turned up late Friday so i spent the weekend testing. Im amazed at the precision and build quality.

Anyway i used i to finish my HOn3 Ge 70 Ton conversion. I will post photos later in the week.

I also had a few cars that were in the undercoat stage. Rail Line C&S reffer kit that i saved from a basket case ebay purchase and a hon3 victor gold mining gondola. Both have been sprayed and weathered over the weekend.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  8:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adrian,

I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

Worked on my electric boxcabs this weekend. Beginning to add the little details like foot boards. I made several over again just because they didn't look right. Even made my own flat wire by squeezing some round wire between two roller bearings. Works pretty good. Never seem to find any of the flat stock around. So I make my own.

Bernd

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  11:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy Folks,

I've got a little bit of evidence of actual modelling being done:

I've been working on my collection of flatcars, the three in the foreground being the most recent additions. They still have some details to be added but I'm happy getting them out of the 'raw wood/plain styrene" stages... Two boxcars also got their first coats of paint, on the left is an HOn3 scratchbuilt 26' car, the one on the right is a HOn30 Steven's Creek Model. I'm happy getting some bits closer to completion!

-Cody

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  11:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fleet is growing, Cody.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  12:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brilliant Cody. Everyone seems to be modelling away quietly.

Im working on a frenchman river lobster boat over this weekend.

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  12:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Gents,

The major milestone for me was getting out the airbrush and painting all the trucks a basic brownish black. They're ready for weathering now. I think painting the trucks is one of the best ways to improve the look of a model. I'm glad to have got started on it!

Adrian, I'd like to see your boat, I'm going to need a few for my Maine coast...

-Cody

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  07:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice progress, Cody. They're looking good.

George

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  09:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice set of rolling stock Cody. Makes me anxious to get some rolling stock built for my Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Co. Rwy. in HOn3.

Bernd

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  9:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acousticco

Thanks Gents,

The major milestone for me was getting out the airbrush and painting all the trucks a basic brownish black. They're ready for weathering now. I think painting the trucks is one of the best ways to improve the look of a model. I'm glad to have got started on it!

Adrian, I'd like to see your boat, I'm going to need a few for my Maine coast...

-Cody

No Problem. Almost finished both the trawler and the tug boat. Just waiting on some clear coat to dry and they should be all done and ready to photograph.

1 more day left of our Easter break in Aus so i might squeeze in another project. I did a bit more work on my Hon3 roundhouse shay. Getting closer and closer to having it operating well.

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2015 :  6:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks George & Bernd!

I managed to install cut levers and brake wheels on the last three flats. One will receive some bulkheads and a pulpwood load to go with the 4-wheel version I built a while back. I think the other two will remain plain flats...

Looking forward to seeing them Adrian!

Now off to Easter dinner...

-Cody

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2015 :  6:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm also planning another side gondola/flatcar like the one in the back right of the photo above. It was bashed from a Durango Press West Side Lumber Co. car (of which I have another kit), where I was trying to disguise the WSLCo. origins. It will eventually be a MOW car and loaded with dirt or ballast...

-Cody

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000