Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest - O Scale Bluesky Company
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest - O Scale Bluesky Company
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Magoun Pier Topic Next Topic: Steam Era Structures Build (Organ Works)
Page: of 18

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  09:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks awesome Wes, really nice job. The colour definition between the boards is well defined but subtle. The construction is precise and accurate .

I was reluctant to put the roof on mine the first time as it looked so cool with the studs and everthing when the walls were glued together, then when I finally put the roof on it looked even better, just like yours.

If you think its big now just wait till you get the rest of it built and put together!!! ha ha.

Great work, keep having fun and keep posting this great progress.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 12/08/2011 09:15:55 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  10:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wes, as Karl already said, you've got some good colors on your boards and your construction is very good too.
Keep the progress going.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wes

Excellent coloring. Crisp construction.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  4:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done, Wes. As for the size, you'll find that it's not so huge after the second build, a little less after the third... Until it becomes a bit small and then you'll go 3/8 scale...

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  03:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the kind words all. I'll have more pics of the whole structure on Monday.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  08:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to that Wes!!

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  4:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I got the box back down from the shelf (dang that thing's heavy) opened it up and had a quick peruse......

The laser cut barn framing has been sprayed a tan colour as a base and will recieve some chalk colour later.

First thing to do though is to grain, distress, stain and knot that large pile of stripwood for the barn walls....

Check back later.....

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 12/23/2011 7:36:36 PM

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  6:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, these are great news, Karl!
Good work with the strip wood. I know you do it perfectly well, but it is a big job anyway.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  7:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly Frederic it is around 75 pieces of stripwood, maybe even more, for the barn siding alone, so yes a big job.
Not sure you are going to like what I do to it though as you are professing 'less graining' lately.
Sorry, but I have a feeling I'm going to distress this one a little more than your current taste.....

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 12/23/2011 7:43:50 PM

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  9:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going great Wes!

Karl, looking forward to seeing you get back on track.

Arthur

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  10:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Looks like a three Corona job to me...
Looking forward to watching.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  09:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see we have taken up the next kit. Excellent choice will be following along.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mike Engler
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  09:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My choice for your new project! Grain, barley, and hops away on that pile of sticks. Merry Christmas to Karl, and to all of you.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  2:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Barn siding, preliminary graining, holes drilled for knots and all ready for colour.

Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  6:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to see how you torture this wood, Karl.
My observation about distressing, you know, was made on an average basis. I have nothing against being particularly wild against one structure or two...

Page: of 18 Previous Topic: Magoun Pier Topic Next Topic: Steam Era Structures Build (Organ Works)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000