Railroad Line Forums - Tellynott corner module
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 192 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Tellynott corner module
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Brets Brewery (CSM) Construction Thead Topic Next Topic: scratch building the idaho hotel in o scale
Page: of 45

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  02:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi again.

Photo 1 and 2 - shows the ovens in position. You can see I cut and spliced some piping sections together. This photo also shows the first flight of stairs and the landing. The next flight and the bottom deck is also built as well as another flight of stairs. Cutting those stringers is an awful job! Its annoyed me for ages that just about every scratch-building supplier and kit manufacturer produces stringers at 45 degrees - which is a very steep and not very common slope. I found that Builders in Scale had the same thought and now offer stringers in 6 different slopes. Unfortunately shipping at the moment is very slow - so I had to box on, but I will be definitely buying some stringers off them soon for my scratch-building supplies.

Next up is the timber scaffolding which holds the pulleys and takes the weight of the doors when opening.

More soon, cheers, Mark.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  06:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those ovens are excellent Mark!

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  08:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, your diligent work on this very complex structure is really paying off, I love the new ovens.
Keep up the great work!

Greg Shinnie

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  09:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice progress, Mark. Your oven doors are impressive.

George

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  09:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Mark the ovens look good but did you leave enough room to load and unload the ovens. It looks a bit tight.

Frank

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mark, what piping kit did you make use of for the valves and elbows? I have not found anything other than Walthers thus far. I have a vinegar/pickle plant in my future.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  3:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much, Carl, Greg and George.

Yes - when I first saw that photo I was thinking 'I hope I can fit the scene in'. I've been trying to come up with some door catches, but so far everything I have tried has looked clunky and over scale - and even then they are so small and fiddly to work on.

Cheers, Mark.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  3:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mark the ovens look good but did you leave enough room to load and unload the ovens. It looks a bit tight.

Thanks, Frank.

There certainly has been some selective compression and a bit of thinking out the box (or through the wall), but I think there is enough room for a small trolley to be loaded and towed into the factory for labeling. I just went and measured and there is 4 foot between the front of the cookers and the sea wall at the tightest bit. Remember those oven doors slide upwards. The photo on the last page shows one open. It also shows tracks coming out of the ovens and a set of tracks running along in front. I'm guessing the cans were actually cooked on trolleys. No track for me, but maybe a trolley laden with cans of fish?

Cheers, Mark.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/25/2020 :  3:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[quote][/quoteMark, what piping kit did you make use of for the valves and elbows? I have not found anything other than Walthers thus far. I have a vinegar/pickle plant in my future.]

Hi, David. Um - not completely sure - but I think it is part of one of my Kibri factories, probably 'Factory Buildings "Grunderzeit"'. Just had a look and most of it is definitely from that kit.
If you have a factory in your future Kibri make great kits with lots of plastic detail parts of a very high quality.

Cheers, Mark.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  07:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The ovens add a lot to your building. Iím glad you were able to fit them in. You did an excellent job cutting out the circles.

Mike

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  08:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, nice work. David, Plastruct may be another source for piping parts.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  12:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks JBVB, Found some made by "Williams Brothers - pipe fittings"
Here's a Link:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/wbr/wbr62000.htm?source=froogle&gclid=CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiGfoUeX1cXY6ImqnWsZ8zEM0ix2U3q7f4Yp1vkbEQoY1pX8yCCY0ERoCxM0QAvD_BwE

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  3:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mark,
The Goodrich and the Ruggs Manufacturing are great looking buildings. I always enjoy seeing the old weathered buildings and your work is superb!

David Guffey

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  3:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The ovens add a lot to your building. Iím glad you were able to fit them in. You did an excellent job cutting out the circles.

Thanks very much, Mike.

Yes - the circles when quite nicely. You do need your dividers done up nice and tightly so they don't slip.

Cheers, Mark.

mark_dalrymple
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mark, nice work. David, Plastruct may be another source for piping parts.

Thanks JBVB.

Also - thanks David for posting that link. Those William Bros fittings look quite good.

Cheers, Mark.

Page: of 45 Previous Topic: Brets Brewery (CSM) Construction Thead Topic Next Topic: scratch building the idaho hotel in o scale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000