Railroad Line Forums - Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 195 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit Topic Next Topic: rusty pipes
Page: of 6

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  2:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most welcome Dalas (2012) and Kris,
I'm still busy cleaning up the desk and putting tools away Kris, ateast give me until Tuesday

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 01/07/2011 2:15:44 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  11:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UKGuy

Most welcome Dalas (2012) and Kris,
I'm still busy cleaning up the desk and putting tools away Kris, ateast give me until Tuesday

Karl.A

Of what year!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  1:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
2021 Jerry !!!

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha, I'm still trying to figure out why the exterior looks red, when dark gray and light gray were used? Was the A&I red ink, and not black'... ANdI might add, what a filthy building. I can't see any woman entering and waiting for acab'.....

Ted

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  3:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Ha, I'm still trying to figure out why the exterior looks red, when dark gray and light gray were used?

Page 1&2 shows the red for the main structure.
The grey was used for the bare wood lean to work area wall.

Plenty of dirty women on that side of town looking for a ride...

postalkarl
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey UK Guy:

Its looking real ice so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  4:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

2021 Jerry !!!

A man with a sense of humor!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  5:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ha, I'm still trying to figure out why the exterior looks red, when dark gray and light gray were used?

Ha, I must be losing it. I read pages 1 and 2 but when I got to the end, those pages
never registered'....
If it is on the wrong side of town, it will have a few angels
flying to close to the ground'...

Ted

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  6:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not really sure why this old build has been on my mind for the last week or so, but there it is, 10 years later.

Time didnt treat the old thing well, I finally found it in the laundry room under a bunch of boxes and quite a few other half finished builds, obviously a couple of boxes were too heavy for it... hahaha

So, time to get 'er finished off, nice, quick simple...
before putting it away I'd obviously painted the cobblestones back to grey for some reason, so, I masked that off ready for a repaint and then pinned and glued the two halves of the dio back together.

A quick and simple basic first level repaint of the street while the pins and glue were drying.

Sprinkled a first layer of dirt over the cracks in the base ready for a first new layer to go down once the paint has dried.

Now, while thats drying I'm gonna go find some basic details, dig my scenery supplies back out and try to find the corrugated roof for the work area and the concrete steps, I'm sure they're buried in the laundry room, somewhere...

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 03/31/2021 7:07:24 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  6:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

quote:

2021 Jerry !!!

A man with a sense of humor!!

I can either laugh or cry Jerry...
I'm trying to keep smiling my friend.

Edited by - UKGuy on 03/31/2021 7:06:17 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  7:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not a pretty sight in the laundry room... and definitly not as good to look at as my shelves here in the office...
Yes Jerry, I've still got a few more to work through, maybe some members will remember/recognise a few of the older builds stacked away here... ha
(this is just one shelf in there...)

I couldn't find the concrete steps, but I found the roof which was more important to me, I'll use my SierraWest jig to build some wooden steps later.

OK, next to find some details to fill it in... way too much empty space for my liking.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 03/31/2021 7:45:43 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  7:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

it will have a few angels
flying to close to the ground'...

Please dont give me ideas and distractions Ted... you know I'm gonna be thinking about how to do that now and I really just wanted a quick build... lol

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  7:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I figured out the angels, easy enough.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  8:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, really nothing else to do tonight until the dirt glue dries, which will take 'til toma. I guess I'll grab some food and call it for tonight.

Karl.A

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit Topic Next Topic: rusty pipes  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000