Railroad Line Forums - Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: More New Construction on the F&SM RR
Page: of 6

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait, what? Ready made font? Then how'd you turn it white and apply to roof. Ink-wiring minds wanna know ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well Dallas... I didnt apply it TO the roof..... it IS the roof. Well the roofing paper strips anyways...

Black background, white lettering in graphics/text software of choice... print out, stick on.

A few strips of just black for everywhere else so everything matches, tonally, weather to taste, viola.

Karl.A

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  12:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Job as usual Karl,now go and relax for awhile.

Greg Shinnie

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  12:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea for the roof sign, Karl. I thought you'd become a Michelangelo of the brush, but you were more of a Leonardo of the mind.

Edited by - Frederic Testard on 01/05/2011 12:35:58 PM

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  4:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Greg, I relaxed this morning and took a break until lunch and ate.
Thanks Frederic, high compliments indeed...

After lunch I decided that I didnt like the brick foundation so made a new concrete one, plus the steps, which I am leaning towards remaking.

Following that I decided to make a small dio so I poured the plaster for the base and while that was setting I carved out the main roadway, other side will be a dirt sidestreet.
Will try colouring the road once the black base coat is dried.

Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  5:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is unbelievable...

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  5:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's more than that Frederic. This is just plain ridiculous and totally uncalled for!! Today I painted an oil drum, a potbelly stove, an axe and I took a few pics. This guy finishes a building (with fancy lettering no less) and oh yeah, I can't forget the carved cobblestone street and he's probably half way thru his next "project" as we speak. This little guy is making us all look bad and something has to be done about it. Those interested in forming a posse and stopping this mad modeler from down south give me a shout.

Kevin

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  6:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in on that KKO, just tell me where and when and get me the address.... some people!

Karl.A

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  6:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He and Troels do as much as the rest of the world (and better...).

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  6:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not so happy with this one, some white spots to touch up and I may play around with some of the bricks as I'm not too thrilled with the way they are lying....

Karl.A

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  6:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't ya think he's a bit slow today...lol....serious question Karl, how you do this cobblestones ??

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  6:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They are carved out with an exacto knife and a metal straight edge Marty, basically eyeballed.

Karl.A

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  7:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iím with you guys, he is not only fast, he does good work. The bar is getting way too high.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  7:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're the man, Karl. Not having a T.V. can't be the explanation, I don't watch more than two hours a day, sleep for 7, another hour for sitting down to eat with Bonnie, cripes, that leaves me another 14 hours each day in which I accomplish nothing.

Beautiful work, as usual.

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  7:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice detailed tutorial on the cobblestones. Sure, go ahead, keep all your little tricks to yourself.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: More New Construction on the F&SM RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000