Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!
Page: of 63

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  01:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith, Scott and Bernard

Really great to have you guys join the forum. We look forward to your contributions.

Lost Soul
New Hire

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  09:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Lost Soul an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I've been a member and lurking for some time now and thought it was about time I said hi! I'm originally from Minnesota now living and working in Rhode Island. We just moved into our current house that has an interesting basement, think of a ranch split length wise, so long and narrow. I'm going to be modeling the Great Northern from the Twin Cities to Duluth, at least that's my plan.

I do have a question about this forum software...Is there a way to view unread posts? I find the "Active Topics", "Go To Last Message" and the pink folders don't really work very well. (Maybe it's because I stay logged in?)

Thanks,
Dave DeCoursey
aka Lost Soul

Cowboy
New Hire

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  7:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New - very new - now on board. Thought I should answer the questions for us new ones:

1) Where do you live? To quote Homer Simpson I am in USA Light. Also known as Canada

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby? I have always had the desire, but a couple of months ago I bought my first Bachmann set to start with DCC

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout? I am just starting my benchwork and my concept is freelance with a hint of modern military training bases

4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region? Currently I am thinking of Ft Lewis for one end and probably Wainwright for the other

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model? I have a dedicated room that is 10' by 12'. I am modelling in HO

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least? Too new to have a favorite, but I don't enjoy waiting for free-time to engage with the trains

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)? DCC

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.
Not much to tell. An older gentleman, with a simple sense of humor.

9) Post your picture - if you dare

Gene Howe
New Hire

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  8:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening.
My name is Gene and I'm a woodworking addict. We are so rural that there are no WW Anonymous meetings near. Consequently, I haven't kicked the habit.javascript:insertsmilie('') The closest town (16 miles away) is Snowflake, AZ.

We frequent yard sales and, on one recent foray, I was able to acquire about 100 HO cars and 11 engines. No layout materials, though. So, I'm a rank beginner.
I'll be building this up for my grandson. He's 5. It will be a basic oval with a few turn outs and spurs on a 4X8 sheet.
The plan is for a desert village of adobe structures and a few commercial buildings and a lot of rocks and cactus.

Both the wife and I are retired She does a little scroll work. But, she's more of a needle and thread gal. Quilts and needle point, mostly. She's addicted too!javascript:insertsmilie('')

That's about it for my intro.
Glad to be aboard.

Gene

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  9:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Dave, Cowboy and Gene. Thanks for checking in and telling us about yourselves.

George

Dan Moore
New Hire

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  5:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow train buffs. Thank you for allowing me to take part of this forum. I have been a train nut my whole life. I have spent the past 10 years outdoors in 1:20 scale runninh batt and live steam around the yard. Goe to be to much money and sold it all last spring. Started going nuts not playing trains so i thougt i would try this scale and i can do it inside and out. You folks are a welth of information and talent and i cant wait to start my new inside pike and this spring my new on30 garden railroad. Thanx for allowing me to take part . Dan from Omaha,Nebr

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  6:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Dan. There’s a lot of On30 activity around here and the guys are willing to share their knowledge. Enjoy yourself.

George

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  8:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dan, Dave, Cowboy and Gene. Enjoy your time here it is a fine group.
Larry

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

leighant
New Hire

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I discovered Railroad Line Forums a couple weeks ago- heard about it on another train bulletin board forum, and I was interested because your site was promoted as “home of craftsman structure modelers”. Sounds like one of my special interests.
My webname is a variation on my real name, Kenneth Leigh Anthony. Here I am with my wife Barbara aboard the Capitan Miranda, a Uraguayan “tall ship,” one of four that visited the Corpus Christi, Texas area on July 4th weekend, 2010.

Barbara and I live in Corpus Christi, Texas

(This bayfront skyline image of Corpus Christi is a freeze frame of the opening of a TV show I produced on my home computer for a friend.)

I grew up in Houston, Texas, my bedroom about 100 feet from a branch of the Houston Belt and Terminal and 500 feet from HB&T’s double track East Belt.

I had Lionel as a grade-school kid and dabbled in HO in late teenagerhood. And I have done HO for friend’s layouts and on clubs. But my own modeling has been mostly in N since about 1970.

A 2x4 foot somewhat generic “Colorado”(?) N layout built 1970 for a friend’s kid.

A 27x34 inch Berlin, East Germany N layout built after a European trip, 1971.

But I have concentrated on Santa Fe since early 1970s and a member of various Santa Fe modeling groups since then.
A generic “Southwestern” Santa Fe scene on a 30 x 40 inch N layout built in 10 days.

I had a “Santa Fe in the piney woods of East Texas” N layout from early 1980s to 2007 when I dismantled it.

Now building my version of Santa Fe in the Island Seaport of Karankawa (my version of Galveston)

in a bedroom space.

One of my other interests is making movies. Winners Moon was about genius teenagers who won a science contest and got a trip to the moon.

I guess it should also be obvious I like writing long posts with lots of pictures.

vedearduff
New Hire

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  09:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

My account has just been activated and I look forward to being part of the group.

My name is Vernon and I'm in central Indiana. I've recently switched from HO standard gauge to HO narrow gauge and I'm in the planning stages of a small shelf layout for my home office. I have four of the Blackstone K-27s and several of the freight cars.

I'm in sales and I do some freelance PC consulting.

Vernon

Modeling the D&RGW in 1940

malcolm
New Hire

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  03:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
I've been lucking here for a while and though it time I got on board.
I live in New Plymouth, New Zealand. I'm lucky to share this hobby with my son. (Alex 17). His interest shows no signs of subsiding.
I got into the hobby because it was Alex's interest from a very young age. I was a sports guy and never imagined for a moment I would end up with a double garage full of a layout.
Alex and myself are currently building a HO transition era north/west themed free lance layout. Alex is the DCC, track and wiring and loco repair guy. I'm the main structure and scenery person.
I am also building an On30 logging layout. It will really be a large point to point diorama. About 3 x 4 m.
I have built the Sierra West tractor repair shed, great build, really enjoyed it. But that's about as far as I've got.
I'm 51.
I met a few of you guys in St Louis last year and at the CSS08. Hello to Nick O, Brett G, Elliott and Dave R.
Looking forward to attempting to keep up with you all and contribute something meaningful.
regards Malcolm

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  07:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kenneth, Vernon & Malcolm,

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves to the rest of the crew. We hope that the time you spend here adds to your enjoyment of the hobby!

The Third
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  9:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear about yourself. Glad you joined.

Jim

gndboy
New Hire

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  8:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all - My name is Ricardo and I'm a model railroader. It's been several years since I have been active, and there is currently no layout. I live in South Texas. Soon I'd like to try building a micro layout. This website is most enjoyable and everybody seems to be real nice. Thanks!

How would Hieronymous Bosch have interpreted the Hulett?

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  9:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Kenneth, Vernon, Malcolm and Ricardo. We’re looking forward to your participation.

George

Page: of 63 Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000