Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thomas519 has Joined RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: 	Stephen Reynolds  has joined the forum
Page: of 65

pmmcgraw
New Hire

Posted - 08/03/2019 :  8:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody,

I live in McMinnville, Oregon, a smallish town halfway between Portland and the coast, and the capital of Oregon pinot noir wine country.

I've loved trains since I was a kid in Southern California. My first model railroad was an oval of Lionel track which my mother had pre-scenicked and installed several buildings. It was sitting in front of the tree when I came in on Christmas morning. It ended up being kind of frustrating because it never seemed to work, and eventually I just gave up.

When my son was about 6 or 7 (this was in Chattanooga, TN), I built an HO 9' x 6' oval layout which had a few buildings and a couple of sidings. I never got around to any scenery.

My current layout fills a large room of what used to be a school, and we are expanding to a second room. "We" are the Polk Station Rail model railroad club, and our building is now the Grange Hall in tiny Rickreall, Oregon.
2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?
3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?
4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?
5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?
6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?
7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?
8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.
9) Post your picture - if you dare.

hairball
New Hire

Posted - 08/05/2019 :  11:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a former member here MADMIKE3434 and sold off all my kits and model/dioramas back in 2013 after purchasing a 1935 Chevrolet roadster.

When trying to get my previous password could not obtain but your tech magician managed to get me registered again under a new members name and diff email address as all my others were not available to use but we are back and looking forward to contributing.

I have built 389 HO structures dioramas and at #390 built my first O scale. Last diorama I built was #514 a combined tom yorke Feed store and Feed store annex.

I scratch built a lot of wood structures which is my favorite form of modeling. Starting in January 2019 I started scouring ebay for On30 stuff and a lot of On3.

some examples
http://on30center.com/on30/library/articles/madmike.html

mike lynch.

Page: of 65 Previous Topic: Thomas519 has Joined RR-Line!! Topic Next Topic: 	Stephen Reynolds  has joined the forum  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000