Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 50 ]  [ Total: 54 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Colind Joins RR-Line!!
Page: of 65

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2018 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Pete loved to make targets out of subs...

Got pretty good at it, too....

Welcome aboard, Scott!

Pete
in Michigan

Hawghead
New Hire

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  8:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete,

You were P3 crew? Those guys were just plain ole nuts. Caught a ride with them on several occasions from Norfolk to Groton.

Scott

If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  8:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawghead

Pete,

You were P3 crew? Those guys were just plain ole nuts. Caught a ride with them on several occasions from Norfolk to Groton.

Scott

Scott,

Crew? Sort of. I drove the bus. Ended my Fleet Tour as a Patrol Plane Commander/Mission Commander.

Nuts? Yep.

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 12/06/2018 8:32:16 PM

Rickquirino
New Hire

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  2:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

I'll try again, first attempt I mistakenly started a new topic rather than reply........

My name is Rick and I live in East Lyme, CT. Originally from California.

I've been in model RR since I got my first Lionel .027 layout for Christmas at age of 5 or 6. Next sizable layout wasn't until 1970, then another in 1982 and again now. Grew up near a RR track and always enjoyed seeing and hearing the trains pass by.

I freelance my layout and I favor the West and Southwest geographic areas. I am in the process of moving to a new house and will have a space of approximately 16' x 10' to set up a new layout. This layout will be done by first selecting the structures and theme then laying track to support the industry etc. Any suggestions are welcome.

I enjoy all aspects of the hobby and I least enjoy tearing down my existing layout to move. Advantage is I can fix many of the mistakes I made the first time.

I have converted to DCC on my most recent layout even though I have a few brass locomotives that will need to be converted (or retired). DCC is so much more versatile than DC.

I have enjoyed many hobbies in my 75 years but I keep coming back to model railroading. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease which has limited some of my other activities. But, the great thing about this hobby is it keeps me engaged with motor skills and mental activity. There is always so much more to learn. Besides, it's a lot of fun.

I am pleased to be a member of this site and look forward to learning so much more from all of your experience and advice.

Rick

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  3:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick and welcome aboard. I will be most interested in seeing what you have done and will do when you begin the new layout. Thanks for sharing.
Rich

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  3:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rick,

Welcome to RRLine !

Please take pictures of your projects and post them here on the forum. Everybody loves pictures!

Rickquirino
New Hire

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  6:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rich and Carl; looking forward to seeing what every has to say and show. Iím sure I will learn a lot

Rick

Jerry Martin
New Hire

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  11:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI everyone, I am a new returning member after a 10 year hiatus to study music and now getting back to modeling. I used to be in On30 and the last convention in Portland I was fortunate to win the Gazette Award for my engine house in O for 2008. That was my last activity other than dismantling my layout and selling off what I had as music took all my time.
I am now at a place where I can devote some time to modeling and just finished clearing a spot in the garage for a small layout. The area is only 9X14 ft. but I am going down in size to HOn3 to conserve on what I do have, those O scale structures ate up real estate quick.
Hope to be talking with you all in the future and get going on my new layout. Good to be back. Jerry

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Jerry.

George

Jerry Martin
New Hire

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  6:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks George.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  8:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard guys!

Hey Jerry welcome back ! Wondered what happened to you.

Philip

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  8:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard and welcome back, Guys!

Enjoy the ride!

Pete
in Michigan

Off The Rails
New Hire

Posted - 01/01/2019 :  05:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Happy New Year to you all.

I must admit to being a long time lurker here and decided it was high time to properly join in the excellent discussions here.

After many years of modelling, mainly UK narrow gauge,I am finally going to build something in US outline.

Andy

Edited by - Off The Rails on 01/01/2019 05:10:13 AM

rogerfarnworth
New Hire

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  02:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I live in the UK in a town called Ashton-under-Lyne on the East side of Manchester.

I model in N-Gauge and have a loft layout based closely upon the railways in Hereford in the UK. It is a DC model and I will share about it on the forum in due course.

I have a wide-ranging interest in full-scale standard and narrow gauge railways. I blog about these on a regular basis and will share some of this on this forum, if it is appropriate to do so.

Kind regards

Roger

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  08:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Roger and Andy. Forum members are always interested in seeing modeling projects and layout progress. Posting pictures requires jumping through a few hoops, but once you've worked out how to resize the pictures, the forum is a good place to keep them.

Page: of 65 Topic Next Topic: Colind Joins RR-Line!!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000