Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 126 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New member, Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!
Page: of 63

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  9:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Tom. I think you'll find a lot of members agreeing with your opinion of wiring.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2012 :  09:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jody & Tom,

Thanks for the introductions. Tom, the forum has many GSD and NJD active members.

Georgia Gulf
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  05:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys;my name is Nick from Worthing West Sussex;married with 3 Boys have been infected with the Railway bug for as long as I can remember.My main interests are the Rock Island in HO;Western Pacific in HO;The Victorian Railway(Australia) in HO;BNSF in N;and NG in mainly ON30 but with a little bit of HON30 on the side.My Wife seems to think I have a problem,can't see why.
Currently concentrating mainly on ON30 helping to build the Current Club layout Perfection.Already picked up more tips and inspiration than I ever thought I would.Thanks.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  07:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Nick. The narrow gauge crowd here is active and growing, so you'll fit right in. I think it's your wife that has the problem, you're normal.

George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Nick. Like you, I model in HO, but satisfy my narrow gauge urges by dabbling in HOn3. My thoughts are to address those urges head on instead of letting the fester in the background.

Mountain Goat
New Hire

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  09:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been in HO model railroading (on and off) for 61 years, and have decided to make the leap to HOn3. I have just ordered two Blackstone C-19's to start out with, along with Carsten's HOn3 Annual... but I still have a lot of questions. I'm looking forward to "learning from the masters" here on Railroad-Line. I have my FSM structures, and my Digitrax Super Chief system, so I'm not entirely starting from scratch.

One question for starters... can a member post his own avatar? (If so, 'how do I go about that?) See 'ya around the yard....

Bob

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, welcome to the Forum. It is indeed a good time for HOn3 modelers. I picked up a C-19 this summer and it sure is sweet.

As you probably know, we have a separate HOn30/HOn3 Forum, so we look forward to your participation there.

As for avatars, just upload your picture to this thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5759&whichpage=45

Either I, or one of the other Administrators will take it from there.

Mountain Goat
New Hire

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  9:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bruce... I was at our local train store today and saw a Blackstone K-27 with snow plow & the Flying RG herald. (I may be in serious trouble...$$$$)

Thanks again... Bob

PEIR
Section Hand

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  9:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and I am working on a modern day Prince Edward Island Railway. CN pulled out in December 1989 and the rails were lifted a few years later. I want to tie in the "New" PEIR with a couple of other maritime short lines and give CN a run for its money. I'm looking forward to meeting the RLF members and picking up some detailing, scratch building and layout tips.

Edited by - PEIR on 01/31/2012 9:56:35 PM

Sierra rr
New Hire

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  3:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Sierra rr's MSN Messenger address  Send Sierra rr a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand.
Ive been a model railroader for about 20 years, I guess my Dad got me interested in the hobby as he modeled NZR 9mm scale.
I model the Western Pacific Railroad and my layout is Proto-freelance set in 1965-1970 and my scenery is loosely based on The Feather River Canyon and Altamont Pass.
The layout is 5ft 8inches x 10ft 6inches and is controlled by DCC with a Digitrax Zephyr, three tethered throttles and infrared.

You may be aware that Christchurch has had four major earthquakes in the last two years, the last on on Dec 23 caused damage to my old layout and further damage to my garage where the layout situated, as a result I decided to deconstruct my old layout (12ft x 15ft) and build a smaller more portable layout using some different construction and scenery techniques.

I used to be Indecisive... now I'm not so sure !

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stephen and Phillip,

Thanks for introducing yourselves to the crew.

Stephen, you have developed an interesting premise for your model railroad. With short lines and possible coastal scenes, it could be a knockout.

Phillip, I'm glad to hear that you are bouncing back from the earthquakes. Have fun with the new layout.

PEIR
Section Hand

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  6:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very pleased to be here Bruce. I am still working on my "History" to try and give the line a believable feel and I plan on running ALCO and MLW power since that was the dominate power here up until the early to mid 90's so it would be cheap and readily available for my start up date.

restocarp
New Hire

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all. I have been enjoying your forum and all of the talent assembled here. I am a restoration carpenter in Baltimore, Maryland. I am a life-long model railroader, that has had most of my models in boxes for the past few years. With the exception of the On3 around the Christmas tree, my trains live in boxes. I have two girls and they are getting into "girl" things. I am the only "boy" in the house, so I am hoping to get back into this where I can. Living in a Baltimore row house doesn't allow for much modeling space, but we'll see how it goes.

My specific interest is with Baltimore prototypes, ie. the Western Maryland, the B&O and the Ma and Pa. I am a history nut, so really enjoy the research, but interestingly enough, I also enjoy the freedoms of freelancing. "Prototypical-freelancing" was seemingly invented for me.

Hopefully I will have something meaningful to add, besides all of the above drivel. For now, I am going back to reading and digesting everything you all have here and I will chime in occasionally when I might have something to add.

TjSeeley
Section Hand

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  10:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi – I’m very new to actual model railroading – have been an avid ‘watcher’ & reader for many years, & more recently, an attendee at train shows. I live in Mansfield Twp, NJ (from a dairy farm in VT – originally Wash. State). I love the small steam locomotives & turn of the century scenes – logging (used to have a sawmill on the VT farm), mining, just about any industry – mountain scenes and small farms.

I have a Bachman Shay & a Climax & about 10 cars in On30. Then I have a variety of garage sale HO steam engines & various cars (2 small Rivarossis are my favorite locos.) I’ve started collecting the laser craftman kits when I can catch them cheap enough on eBay. I’m building my 1st kit - Bar Mills shack pack – & loving it!
Unfortunately, I’m still working full time, but decided I couldn’t wait any longer to at least start a diorama. I have 2 planned –a logging train (HO) with mountain farm scene and a sugaring scene (On30) in VT with covered bridge, sugar house with all the internal stuff – horses & sugar wagon, etc. I’m learning to do rocks & trees (a huge interest of mine) & can’t wait to start the barn from Branchline & Pickens Place from Campbell.
Some day I’ll get to build a real running set-up. Sometimes I let the trains run around the dining room table…which I can do for a couple weeks at a time, since I’m on my own. Six kids all across the country to visit – 6 grandkids & counting. That’s about it! I'll see if I can post the 2 little sheds..

Download Attachment: 2 sheds d - Copy.JPG
65.44 KB

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  10:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt & Trudy,

Thanks for introducing yourselves to the Crew.

Trudy, that is a great way to get started in the hobby. BTW, there is a large contingent of members from New Jersey, including me.

Welcome!

Page: of 63 Previous Topic: New member, Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000