Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!
Page: of 63

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  07:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, I'm glad you've stopped lurking and decided to join in.
Look forward to seeing some of your work.

As you think, so will you be.

Xavier A.
Section Hand

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  1:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Xavier A.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
My name is Xavier Alvarez, I'm new in the forum.
I'm from Andorra (a small country between France and Spain), the only one country in Europe without real train !
My main subject is USA in 1920-1939 era in Gauge One (1:32)
I build my own buildings and structures.

Greetings,

Xavier

Buckeye Nation
New Hire

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  2:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George,
I was looking into “O” but after checking the cost of various components I decide to go with “HO”. The eyes aren’t what they use to be one reason why I had to switch from 1/48 to 1/32 scale aircraft ..couldn’t see the part let along try to paint some of the detail.
What year did you fly into DaNang?

Buckeye Nation
Spring is just around the corner ...

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  3:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Frank and Xavier. Xavier, that’s interesting that Andorra doesn’t have a railroad.

Tom, I know what you mean about old eyes. If I wasn’t so invested in HO, I’d be working in On30. I was in the Army and was flying U-1A Otters in 63-64 and went into Da Nang a few times. It was quiet then. In 67-68, I flew RP-2E Neptunes and at that time, Da Nang was the busiest airfield in the world. Quite a difference.

George

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2011 :  6:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Frank and Xavier. I went once to Andorra with my father to deliver some goods to a customer for whom we only had the name. We found him! What was more difficult to find is a square meter of flat land, which certainly helps to understand the lack of real trains.
I've already seen your models on the French forum you're a member of and am sure they will be greatly appreciated here.

Xavier A.
Section Hand

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  07:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Xavier A.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Frederic.
Now, the Andorra's goverment are looking to create a new train line.
Maybe a metrical, with 2 extensions; one to France, to Hospitalet and/or La Tour de Carol, and the other to Spain to the new Renfe line.
In case to be build, this can be the most newest train line in Europe.
And also one of the most highest trains, like Switzerland.
Greetings
Xavier

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  08:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Xavier, welcome to the RR-Line forums.

As you think, so will you be.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  10:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suspect the connection to France would require drilling a tunnel, as if I remember well there's a big mountain to cross at the Port d'Envalira, with no low altitude pass.

Rail and Tie
New Hire

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  12:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rail and Tie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Team!

Darryl here from BC, Canada, eh!

I have been a lifelong hobbiest and have finally got back into model railroading after a long gap of other hobbies including RC aircraft. Still doing that one and it is in my blood as much as model railroading.

I am modeling N Scale and am most interested in structures and scenery. I have been designing and builing my own structures, bridges and even some vehicles and boats recently.

I am planning on a set of dioramas that will be able to link together to form a small layout and shadowboxes.

Looking forward to learning from all of you here on the forum!

Cheers!

Darry

"Leonard, check it out. I've bought an N Gauge locomotive. Half the size of HO. Look...it fits in my mouth!"

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  12:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Xavier & Darryl,

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves to the rest of the crew.

BSBrassHat
New Hire

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  10:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all. My name is John Hanske and I model a fictional line jointly owned by BN and SP between Wishram, WA and Klamath Falls OR in HO scale. In this scenario, the Colorado and Southern retained more power as a holding company within the BN and so the name Burlington Southern was born. The BS Line is 35 by 50 feet of triple deck with 2500 feet of track with a mainline run of over 600 feet, built on pink foam. I am progressing through the scenery stage of building, but have only been working on this layout for two years and four months. The layout runs on NCE. I have been in the hobby for thirty five years, but took an eight year break. Looking forward to asking and answering lots of questions!

Prespares
New Hire

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  10:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

My Name is Joe Prespare and I live in Burlington, CT. I am modeling the Cheshire Branch of the Boston and Maine, from Keene, NH to Webb, NH. Mainly a switching layout in Keene. My room is small, 10x17.

I originally built a spaghetti bowl of track, then two kids came along, and with a stay home wife, finances for the layout became non-existent. Just getting back into the layout room after three years of the layout collection dust, getting ready to rebuild layout to a track plan I developed for Keene based on research I did while my 16 month old and 5 year old has taken the priority.

I hope by my 40th, which is in two years, I will have the new layout laid out with track and wiring, as well as ditching my original atlas DCC system for an NCE Power Cab system.

Thinking of handlaying turnouts but am still trying to decide the ROI of using a fasttracks jig vs purchasing off the shelf turnouts.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  10:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, John and Joe. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves. It’s nice to have more layout builders joining us. How about some layout pictures when you get a chance.

George

Lyles D
New Hire

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  09:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All I live in Panama city Fla. This will be my first lay out. Am going to try the Granite and Gorge lay out it is a 5 x 9. Planning on dcc have an old lay out a frend gave me seting that up to figure out the wiring and to get a idea what im geting in to lol. Have love Trains my hole life.

ncstl397
New Hire

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  09:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I’ve just recently returned to my first love, N Scale, after a decade of on-off-again frustration with HO. I loved everything about HO, but just could not shoehorn the type of operation I wanted into my available space.

I am 54 and have loved trains since my grandfather, a retired NC&ST.L/L&N engineer, told me his first railroad stories. Maybe you would be interested how he fell in love with trains. Escaping an abusive step-father he drifted to Montana where worked on a ranch in the eastern part of the state. During long, lonely hours of “riding fence” his only entertainment was the frequent runs of the Northern Pacific across the ranch. When we entered WWI he returned to Tennessee and joined the Navy expressly to learn about steam engines. After the war he realized his dream when he got on with the “Dixie Line.”

I would like for the layout to be fixable enough to portray transition era, late sixties, and the mid-eighties. I would hope to change the era by swapping out rolling stock, motive power, and some buildings. Being that the layout is about 13 feet long I would probably never run over an 8 car trains, so maybe this idea would work. My area is quasi Middle Tennessee.

I love building kit bashing and scratch building structures. I had some success with that in HO. I can’t say I dislike anything about the hobby.

I am terrified by DCC, so I stick with DC. Again, my layout is so small with a branchline theme, so I ever plan to run more than one train at a time.

My wife Pam and I have five wonderful children, one in Poland teaching, one at home working with special needs kids, one married expecting our first grandchild, one a Navy corpsman serving in Sicily, and our baby in high school.

Thanks for letting be a part of your wonderful forum.

Yours, Robin

Page: of 63 Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000