Railroad Line Forums - Slater Creek Railway
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password


Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: lumberfan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Slater Creek Railway
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Louís Logging Railroad Car Barn Topic Next Topic: 55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept
Page: of 66

BBLmber
Fireman



Posted - 01/05/2011 :  2:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff, my mistake I was thinking four spikes per tie per rail and you mean four spikes per tie both rails.

Mark


W,L,&E

Country: USA | Posts: 6441 Go to Top of Page

quarryman
Fireman



Posted - 01/05/2011 :  2:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit quarryman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on where you look ...

http://lifewastedchasingtrains.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2328

Tieplates on every tie, or

http://lifewastedchasingtrains.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1271

no tieplates and barely spiked down at all.

Mark Chase
Richmond VA



Country: USA | Posts: 1183 Go to Top of Page

CieloVistaRy
Fireman



Posted - 01/05/2011 :  3:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is fantastic! The trackwork, the rolling stock, the engines are all just utterly impeccable!

Can you post a picture of the rolling gauges? Where could I get some? This is the first I've heard of it.

Love each and every update that comes up here- the weathering is just so perfect.

Arthur


Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Country: USA | Posts: 5831 Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  8:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CieloVistaRy

This is fantastic! The trackwork, the rolling stock, the engines are all just utterly impeccable!

Can you post a picture of the rolling gauges? Where could I get some? This is the first I've heard of it.

Love each and every update that comes up here- the weathering is just so perfect.

Arthur



thanks, I can't remember who made them, Racedirector sent them to me because he was switching back to HO scale. If he reads this I am sure he will tell us. Otherwise I will take a photo of them.



Country: | Posts: 1253 Go to Top of Page

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member


Posted - 01/05/2011 :  9:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff,
Fine looking track work, great color for the ties and rail.
Larry


My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Country: USA | Posts: 11234 Go to Top of Page

WVM_Nut
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  10:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As both an Appalachian modeler, and a narrow gauger, I have to say your layout will most definitely be unique. That said, at least people model the MCRy. I model West Virginia Midland, an extremely unknown narrow gauge RR which connected with the B&O at one end and the Western Maryland at the other. Taplines has info on it and the grandson of O. W. Marsh, Jim Marsh (of Buckhannon, WV), has written a book on the RR and the surrounding area. The WVM later became Pardee & Curtin Lumber, but the RR ceased major operations in 1929 and ceased logging ops in 1942. My WVM is very freelanced, continuing in the 1950s. It also includes the Pickens & Webster Springs connector that was never built.

Whatever happened to all of your HO Roanoke & Southern rolling stock? I collect private name Appalachian rolling stock and would have liked to have had a couple R&S hoppers/boxcars to run on the M&WV standard gauge.


I either build 'em, or I blow 'em up. Depends on me mood, I guess.

Country: | Posts: 221 Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  10:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am selling off most of the R&S rolling stock, I actually have someone that wants to take most of it together and build a version of the R&S. It sounds like I may have some boxcars left over and I can let you know, they are a mix of Accurail, Athearn, and Kadee cars.


Country: | Posts: 1253 Go to Top of Page

WVM_Nut
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  2:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only need 1 of each (hopper, boxcar). If all you have are boxcars, that's OK. Still, a R&S hopper would look good under one of my loaders. Accurail or Athearn is fine, doesn't have to be a Kadee. Thanks, Jeff.

I either build 'em, or I blow 'em up. Depends on me mood, I guess.

Edited by - WVM_Nut on 01/06/2011 2:09:51 PM

Country: | Posts: 221 Go to Top of Page

racedirector
Engine Wiper



Posted - 01/07/2011 :  7:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit racedirector's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coaltrain

quote:
Originally posted by CieloVistaRy

This is fantastic! The trackwork, the rolling stock, the engines are all just utterly impeccable!

Can you post a picture of the rolling gauges? Where could I get some? This is the first I've heard of it.

Love each and every update that comes up here- the weathering is just so perfect.

Arthur



thanks, I can't remember who made them, Racedirector sent them to me because he was switching back to HO scale. If he reads this I am sure he will tell us. Otherwise I will take a photo of them.


The gauges are from Railway Engineering (http://railwayeng.com) - Rollee Gauges :)


Bruce Nordstrand, Riverstone, NSW, Oz-stralia

Back in HO...and stayin there!

Country: Australia | Posts: 333 Go to Top of Page

CieloVistaRy
Fireman



Posted - 01/08/2011 :  7:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

Thank you, I have just ordered a set of code 83 HO scale rollees.

Arthur


Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Country: USA | Posts: 5831 Go to Top of Page

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  07:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
progress report.

I am just about finished re-gauging everything that was On30 to On3. I have one more locomotive to do and I will be done. When I am finished I will have four locomotives and 10 freight cars to run on the loop. I started a caboose based off the Mann's Creek caboose, a second caboose will be made at a later date, it will be a D&RG short caboose lettered for my railroad. The only reason why I want a D&RG short caboose is because I have always liked them and I started building one 25 years ago in HOn3 and never finished it, and I thought it would be fun to do an O scale version of it.

Once I get the MC caboose done (I am about half way done with it) I will get back to the layout. I will have photos next week. Next on the layout will be to finish laying the rail in staging, wire up the switch machines, and do some scenery around the dump trestle so I can build the trestle.

-18F here today



Country: | Posts: 1253 Go to Top of Page

racedirector
Engine Wiper



Posted - 01/22/2011 :  07:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit racedirector's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coaltrain

progress report.

I am just about finished re-gauging everything that was On30 to On3. I have one more locomotive to do and I will be done. When I am finished I will have four locomotives and 10 freight cars to run on the loop. I started a caboose based off the Mann's Creek caboose, a second caboose will be made at a later date, it will be a D&RG short caboose lettered for my railroad. The only reason why I want a D&RG short caboose is because I have always liked them and I started building one 25 years ago in HOn3 and never finished it, and I thought it would be fun to do an O scale version of it.

Once I get the MC caboose done (I am about half way done with it) I will get back to the layout. I will have photos next week. Next on the layout will be to finish laying the rail in staging, wire up the switch machines, and do some scenery around the dump trestle so I can build the trestle.

-18F here today


Whoa, he is still alive - was just about to send out the St Bernard's 'cause I thought you were stuck in a snowbank somewhere :)

Sounds like you are making brilliant progress in your move to On3, you'll have a full compliment of cars & locos soon.

Can't wait to see the caboose either!

Cheers


Bruce Nordstrand, Riverstone, NSW, Oz-stralia

Back in HO...and stayin there!

Country: Australia | Posts: 333 Go to Top of Page

Martin Welberg
Fireman



Posted - 01/22/2011 :  08:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everytime I visit this threath I'm breathless, I really like your track work, looks so natural to me...


Country: Netherlands | Posts: 6691 Go to Top of Page

evangardner
Section Hand



Posted - 01/22/2011 :  11:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit evangardner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I missed this thread. It's been a very interesting 30 mins reading from the start. I've been keen on your work ever since I saw your weathered Climax.

I am doing something similar once I finish my On30 layout. We have 3'6" gauge in NZ and I'm looking at modelling New Zealand bush railways in 1:48 i.e. On42. It's very similar to On3, only a difference of 3mm. Oh but how the difference from 16.5 makes the locos look so much more impressive.

What I really wanted to know is how difficult it was to adapt the Climax to the wider gauge? Anyway, excellent work so far and I look forward to your ongoing progress.

cheers



Evan Gardner
Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.ferrus-workshops.com

Country: New Zealand | Posts: 89 Go to Top of Page

CieloVistaRy
Fireman



Posted - 01/23/2011 :  1:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to those pictures!

Arthur


Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Country: USA | Posts: 5831 Go to Top of Page
Page: of 66 Previous Topic: Louís Logging Railroad Car Barn Topic Next Topic: 55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000