Railroad Line Forums - Slater Creek Railway
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 Slater Creek Railway
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Louís Logging Railroad Car Barn Topic Next Topic: 55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept
Page: of 66

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  06:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have lots of Super Trees from my Ho layout but I think I will have to make some bigger ones and use the HO ones for fillers, I will have to see how it looks.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  07:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried spraying an inkjet print with Krylon clear finish - I was worried that white ares were shifting red, but that went away when it dried.

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  2:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting closer, the walk way is done. I think I have it run down looking enough. Next will be to get the dump truck ramp done and only enough scenery to fill the photo, after that I will slow down and work at a normal pace.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

on2rails
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  4:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit on2rails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My oh my that looks great Jeff.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  4:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the warped handrail boards, nice touch! But if you run a loco over this in particular, seems to me you'd want fire barrels on the trestlework.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  6:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

seems to me you'd want fire barrels on the trestlework.

dave

It does, but I am following a prototype and it didn't have any

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2014 :  10:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks great!

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hope things are going well. Keep us posted.

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  8:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the first photo for the new Kalmbach narrow gauge book done. I won't show the photo I submitted, I don't think it is fair to show a photo I sold, so here are a few different angles of the finally finished dump shed.

What I did was , finish the walkways and handrails, finish the dump truck ramp, built the coal chute to the sizing plant with footings, and finished the interior of the dump shed. Inside the dump shed I had to add the sloped boards along the dump pit to funnel the coal into the bin, then I hung the coal shovels that the dump trucks use that can be seen in photos.

Lucky for me not much scenery was in the camera view finder. I will have to do more scenery work for the MRP article but I have a couple weeks before those photos are due.

These photos are taken with my IPhone, the photos I sell are taken with DSL camera.

[/URL]

[/URL]

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2014 :  9:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iPhone makes a great 'light macro camera' for doing model and work-in-progress photos...

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 03/17/2014 :  12:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I love that first shot!

hokie_tech
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say that the well used look you are achieving is incredible. Little touches like the wobbly hand rails add so much character to your models.

Bill

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  10:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tested out a small area with the Noch Grassmaster, there were to instructions in the box so I just gave it a shot. I used some 6mm Silflor late summer tone grass. It first it did not look to good, but after it dried and I vacuumed up the loose stuff it looked better.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  1:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures of your beautiful work.

George

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 03/19/2014 :  3:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow! Really like the color of the late summer type. Did you mix with other colors? It looks so natural! The muted colors tie in really well.

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Page: of 66 Previous Topic: Louís Logging Railroad Car Barn Topic Next Topic: 55n3 Reboot - Proof of Concept  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000