Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 184 ]  [ Total: 186 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop
Page: of 90

JGDURAND
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  12:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49171&whichpage=5

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  7:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland,

Great scene! I like the tool box!

Scott

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  8:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all once again. I wish I could say it was a fun project but at one point I got frustrated and bounced it off a wall, picked up the pieces and stuffed it back in the box for several weeks. That explains why the seat back is a piece of wood. I never did find the original. The second time went much better.

Roland

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  10:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once threw my computer out the window years ago on to my driveway that was the end of that but never threw any train projects.....came close a few times.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  3:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several years ago I got tired of looking at flat foam and decided to change that. Carved out a chunk but then just left it for later. Later came last week when I had to finish it to complete the town. Didn't really have a plan so just did something. Happy with the results. I will add the water tomorrow when everything dries completely.

Thanks for looking, Roland

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  5:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland the area looks really good. Adds a lot of interest to the front of the layout. The way you used the scenery material looks very real.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  7:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always a treat seeing pictures of your layout.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice indeed, Roland.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  11:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice scene Roland. Your scenery is like the rest of your work excellent.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  12:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really great looking scene Roland. Plenty of detail without being over the top. The trees look especially nice.

Regards Rob

My current build.
http://railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53468

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  08:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roland, the scene looks terrific and is most convincing. Nice job. ~mike

jburch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, its fantastic. The colors and textures along with the detail just bring it to life. I am starting to put dirt and ground cover down in some small areas on my own layout. So, I am looking for ideas on soil. I love the reddish undisturbed areas in your river bed and the the lighter dirt in the highly used flat areas where the foot and vehicle traffic is. Do you mind sharing what you use and where you get it from. I have been asking in the forum to see what others use and what might work best for me.

Thank You

JGDURAND
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  5:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49171&whichpage=5

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Truly wonderful at capturing that old time look!

Philip

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  8:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am truly thankful for all your comments. It is nice to have people who know what it takes to tell me I am getting it right.

Jeff. I was working on a construction site and noticed the reddish dirt so I filled a 5 gallon bucket and took it home. The lighter dirt is just clay from the back yard as are most of the stones. I have mentioned before that I am kind of color blind so I use as much natural material as I can. That way I know it is right. Drives Mrs Hopeless crazy when we go for a walk and I am picking up stones and twigs for use. Some of the ground cover is just older gray mulch. I also use dead leaves that I grind up as small as I can as ground cover under a tree. Not only the right color but cheap to. Hope this helps.

Roland

Page: of 90 Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000