Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout.
Page: of 69

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  12:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work Roland, the frieght house looks good all set in place.

Mark

W,L,&E

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great looking freight house, Roland!

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2015 :  2:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark and Verne.

Roland

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2015 :  5:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great looking scenes!

Dave

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney

http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2015 :  6:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland great scene. Thanks for the pictures.

Question how is that machine shop doing in the background???

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2015 :  6:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave and Jerry.

Jerry, I will be showing the layout in Sept to people who have never seen it before. I stopped working on the shop so I could cover at least some of the styrofoam with dirt. I will get back to it in Oct.

Roland

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  3:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The story as I heard it is that in 1877 a not so famous trapper named Elmo Weaver and his beloved mule Cinnamon wandered into the area. Elmo, somewhat of a hermit like the emptyness and decided to stay. A few years later the mule passed away and Elmo buried him and placed a marker with his name on it. It is unknown when Elmo passed as no one ever saw him again. In 1893 a group of miners was passing through and discovered silver in the area. They saw Cinnamon's name on the barely readable marker and thought someone had already named it. They kept the name.

Welcome to Cinnamon.

A lot of brownie and cake mix boxes were sacrificed to make the mockup. The area where Geezer is standing will be dug out and be an access to basements That will be started as soon as I can find Geezer a shovel.

I am looking for any thoughts, good or bad. Nothing more will be done until I finish the machine shop.

Roland

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  8:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Roland that is off to a good start. Seeing I've been to the layout just where is this going to be situated?

September those will be some lucky people!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Geezer
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  9:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, where the heck did I put that shovel?......
Looking forward to this chapter Roland.....

"You can find my Website & Threads here:"
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47229

JoebTX
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  12:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoebTX's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a shovel if you want to borrow it. I like what you are doing, it looks good!

Joe Batson MMR#475
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37549

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  02:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mock-ups are the way to go!

Dave

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney

http://thundermesaminingco.blogspot.com

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  06:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, Roland! I look forward to seeing Cinnamon come to life- and will be following eagerly! I see you have one structure already complete. Would you mind if we had a closer look at it?

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  5:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys. The one thing that really concerned me is that the main road through town is only 6 feet wide, but sitting where it is you can't tell.
Jerry, The town will be on the left in the far back corner as you enter the room.

Arthur, here is a shot of the shed. It is a kit from Smoky Bottom and was built about 15 years ago for my first layout. I changed the roof, which was a cast metal roof, and added real wood shingles cut from HO 1x12. I also added the clerestory, to try and make it look larger. It was the biggest building on a very small layout.

Again, thanks for looking. Roland

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  10:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great looking town and great name too. It naturally fills that corner. That is a great looking shed. The clerestory really adds character.

Cheers, Heath.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  12:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Added some paint,chalk, and small wood chips to a set of log cars. Sending a photo just to prove I am still at it.

Still need to add some chains on 2 of them.

Roland

Page: of 69 Previous Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000