Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: new kit in the mail today Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. A new start!
Page: of 70

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great layout Roland, keep the pictures coming.

Mark

W,L,&E

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  10:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland,
The way you are progressing and with your level of detail, this will be a world class layout.
Larry

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  6:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Progress will be slow but now that I have shown the layout, I might move a little faster. I'll post any progress I make.

Roland

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  7:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! Love the amount of details that are in it, and the nice colors. Hope to see much more. Don't forget the track plan and how you did those trees.

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

slatecreeklogger
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  03:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland,
Hopeless you are not! That is a very fine layout you are building.
I really like what you have done with the supply shed. Being able to see through from one side to the other is cool.
That is a neat saw filerís shack as well. Are your structures kits or scratch built.
Well done and I'm looking forward to seeing more as you progress.

Bentspike Railroad Co.
Redding, CA

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  6:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur, I'll work on a track plan tomorrow. I will do something on the trees when I get more material to build with. This has been written up many times before by others, I just use a lot more branches than most people.

Randy, All of the structures are scratchbuilt except the blacksmith shop I'm currently working on. It started out as a garage kit. I like to scratch so I can make a building fit a specific area. The saw fillers shack was built from a photo in Timber Times

Roland

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  08:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland

Thanks for the follow up of more pictures of the layout.
Outstanding so far. This is going to make a very nice layout.

Jerry

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  09:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, I like the layout, very nice work...how much time did it take you to get to this stage?? And to do this much work already and to just start posting pictures now... I know i couldnt of waited that long Craig

nalmeida
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  10:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit nalmeida's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to the track plan Roland... to see if I can still steal some ideas for my own!

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  12:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the promised trackplan very crudely drawn. When I started I knew where I wanted to put things and just put the track down to get there. I never drew up a plan and it probably shows. I am interested in what everyone thinks.

Roland

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  12:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Craig, I have been working on the layout for about 2 years, with about 10 months of that on the enginehouse. Most days I put in an hour or more building something. The Mrs goes to bed around 8 because she has to get up very early for work, so I use the time after she goes in. She will retire in Jan so it may mean a change in my schedule when she is able to get back to a more normal life.

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  2:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Roland,

I like the track plan and the pictures you have posted and look forward to much more!

Arthur

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  6:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The track plan looks interesting since it certainly provides a good balance between operationnal opportunities with four "terminals", and scenic possibilities, wilder on the above part, more civilized in the lower one. Probably a great source of pleasure for somebody with your kind of skills.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  7:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might consider putting in a run around somewhere between the log pond and the Dolly Vardon mine.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Locoman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/26/2010 :  10:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, I can't add anymore than what has been said, other that i am very impressed with your work. keep it up and keep the pictures coming.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: new kit in the mail today Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. A new start!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000