Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest - Mill Engine & Boiler House
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 157 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest - Mill Engine & Boiler House
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit Topic Next Topic: SierraWest - #305 O Scale Wood Cutters Shack
Page: of 33

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  6:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very Impressed with the details in finishing the scene. Ive added a few notes to my notebook to finish a blacksmith shop i have been working on for a year or so.
I love the rolled up news papers laying around.

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

rfmicro
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  6:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, and I don't think they had that style of roofing back then whenever "back then is". There is no date on the model, nor with the distressing involved is there any clear sign as to how old the model is. I had clearly stated "more atuned to your neck of the woods". That means I know that England does not have 800 numbers or even ten digit numbers, but to use whatever the common phone numbers for England. RTFM LMFAO

V/R
Trent Mulkern
Mechanicsville, MD 20659

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  7:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe
A big congrats on the outstanding job you've done with your "first SierraWest craftsman kit". You are way ahead of the learning curve for sure! Roof schmoof ha ha, it all looks fantastic Joe. I'm really looking forward to your next project.
Kevin

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  02:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe.

Congrats on a great model. I too look forward to your next build.

MorganHillRR
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  10:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi: Hope everyone is having a great summer. The big event for the California Central Coast Modular On30 Group (CCCModOn30) this summer was attending the National Train Show (NTS) held in Sacramento, CA on July 8-10. Four seperate CA groups using the same standards constructed a layout covering 2400 sq. ft. with 60 different modules. It turned out great.

In addition to NTS, the NMRA X2011 Nationals were being held in an adjacent hotel. I took the opportunity to enter the Mill Engine & Boilerhouse into the Model Contest in the Kit Built/Display Category. I was very pleased when it was awarded first place. Thanks Brett for a great kit and thanks to all of you who helped me through the build.

Joe in Morgan Hill, CA CCCModOn30

ETinBH
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  10:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well deserved

Elliott

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe,

Congratulations!!!! A job well done. Have you started anything new????

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  3:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You earned it Joe... Congratulations and well done. Also, thank you for taking us on the wonderful ride as you created this show piece.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  5:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome!! congrats

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  8:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic news Joe, it was a very enjoyable and informative build to follow.

Thanks for sharing your progress and a very well deserved "congratulations!!" for your achievement.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 07/14/2011 11:57:20 PM

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  9:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Joe!

Chuck

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  05:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats for the great job and award winning, Joe.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  07:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Joe.

George

Fly Army

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  10:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Joe! I hope the tall stack survived transport.

MorganHillRR
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  11:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your continued support and kind words. The forum was a big part of this build and hopefully will continue through the entire sawmill module construction.

I take a little break from modeling during the summer months. Plenty of train shows however. This weekend is the GTE-San Jose show where we are setting up modules.

Next on my build list is the O-scale 10 piece sawmill machinery kit from SierraWest. I have it in hand and it looks like it should be fun.

Have a great summer and we'll probably get back at it shortly after Labor Day if not sooner.

Regards, Joe in Morgan Hill, CA CCCModOn30

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit Topic Next Topic: SierraWest - #305 O Scale Wood Cutters Shack  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000