Railroad Line Forums - USMRR 1863
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: onetelo ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Large Scale Model Railroad Forum
 USMRR 1863
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: O scale 2 rail exhibition layout Topic Next Topic: Carriage cubby with G Scale train build, short vid
Page: of 28

bkempins
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  11:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I received a couple messages from folks asking me to participate in this forum. I have been a member for quite a while but haven't posted much as I tend to post my regular progress on my blog. So if you are curious about the progress on my O scale layout depiciting the American Civil War era check out my blog at http://usmrr.blogspot.com

Here are some shots from my blog showing some of the scenes that are further along. It's still very much a work in progress.

Edited by - bkempins on 11/20/2009 11:57:24 PM

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  05:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bernard
Just spent some considerable time visiting your blog. Outstanding in every respect. The workmanship and attention to detail is amazing.
Peter

Neil M
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  06:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a fantastic layout!

I really like the overall look of what you have done this far and the backdrops look very realistic. I also really like the Potomac bridge.

Great stuff!

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  08:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  09:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernard, I too just took a look at your blog and wow, outstanding work! Your blog contains some great information, revealing your research. Well done. And the level of detail on your layout is outstanding as well. Thanks for sharing!

Mark

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernie,

I've been following your blog for months and although I was disappointed that you'd left the N scale world, you're creating another wonder in O.

I'm using your C&O Brooke Yard trackplan as the basis for my DELMARVA based N scale layout (on this forum Eastern Shore in N). Thank you for the inspiration and I look forward to watching the progress of your USMRR.

Dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  09:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernard, I took a look at your blog as well. Lots of good modeling and historical information. I will visit your blog more in future to look through your older posts as well as keep track of your new progress.

I do hope you continue to post progress here as well.

As you think, so will you be.

bkempins
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  11:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grubes

Bernie,

I've been following your blog for months and although I was disappointed that you'd left the N scale world, you're creating another wonder in O.

I'm using your C&O Brooke Yard trackplan as the basis for my DELMARVA based N scale layout (on this forum Eastern Shore in N). Thank you for the inspiration and I look forward to watching the progress of your USMRR.

Dave

I'd like to see your track plan to see how you adapted it to work for you. Can you post it or send a copy?

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  1:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernard,
Impressive RR, I have book marked your blog and look forward to following your progress.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  9:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

I'd like to see your track plan to see how you adapted it to work for you. Can you post it or send a copy?

[/quote]

Bernie,

I've sent via e-mail, hopefully with picture attached.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  9:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the way the scenery blends into the backdrop in the second picture. The backdrop is painted, right? Oil or acrylic?

bkempins
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  12:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

I like the way the scenery blends into the backdrop in the second picture. The backdrop is painted, right? Oil or acrylic?

99 percent acrylic, though i did use some oils on the clouds.

oldoriginal7
Section Hand

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  2:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit oldoriginal7's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW!!......just found this...brilliant layout and I too will be following progress...well done

Cheers,

John

Procrastination is the thief of time.

bkempins
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  10:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkempins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldoriginal7

WOW!!......just found this...brilliant layout and I too will be following progress...well done

Thanks. I've made some progress on Potomac Creek bridge,

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  08:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that's a very nice looking bridge!

I’d say that your chances are as thin as a homeopathic soup made
from the shadow of a pigeon that died of starvation…

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  4:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've got a great RR underway -- I really enjoy your work. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman
Las Vegas NV

Page: of 28 Previous Topic: O scale 2 rail exhibition layout Topic Next Topic: Carriage cubby with G Scale train build, short vid  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000