Railroad Line Forums - Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 43 ]  [ Total: 48 ]  [ Newest Member: CURMUDGEON ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Franklin Junction Layout Progress Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread
Page: of 95

BN_Fan
Section Hand

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  7:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Mark. Glad to see things coming together. It will keep you motivated.

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  7:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another huge layout comes to life!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  8:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your operating milestone, Mark.

George

chrisbconaway
New Hire

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  8:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, it is nice to see your progress. How did John like running with the diesels? We all know how much he loves diesels!

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a a good working session, Mark.

Chuck

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  10:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Add another first class pike to South Jersey....as everyone who reads this thread can attest, it's been a long and oft times difficult process for Mark, but he's waded through and now has this very impressive layout on the brink of full blown operations. Like any big project, the Northern Division experienced a few burps and burbles last night, just the usual and expected low couplers, sticky turnout points, intermittent short circuits, and collisions with the engine house wall. Nothing that a little solder, glue and spell check can't fix!

Remind me...was that Kramer or Kreamer?

Congrats!

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  10:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! It finally is coming together.

I started working on the 'hit list' today and most of the items so far are easy fixes. My biggest project after that will be working on some of the engines that have in some cases sat around for nearly 8 years!

Chris, John seemed to really enjoy himself, even with the diesels!

Mark

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2015 :  10:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harsco

Add another first class pike to South Jersey....as everyone who reads this thread can attest, it's been a long and oft times difficult process for Mark, but he's waded through and now has this very impressive layout on the brink of full blown operations. Like any big project, the Northern Division experienced a few burps and burbles last night, just the usual and expected low couplers, sticky turnout points, intermittent short circuits, and collisions with the engine house wall. Nothing that a little solder, glue and spell check can't fix!

Remind me...was that Kramer or Kreamer?

Congrats!

Thanks Rick... I think.

I know you took some pictures last night. How about posting what you took since I didn't even see them yet. And yes, I know you will post that one with the engine house wall!

So since I am about to be the recipient of some mild mannered busting, here's what happened...

I was doing triple duty last night, with my main function being the operator at Northumberland Yard. Focusing on classifying inbound cars, I didn't realize that I had filled one of the classification tracks to capacity and attempted to shove another car into the track. BAM! Next thing you know, a boxcar was attempting to make it's way into the engine house via the rear wall! Funny thing is that I had just placed some track bumpers in that location but hadn't yet spiked them down! I'll put that on my growing 'hit list'!

Mark

Brunton
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  06:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brunton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool, Mark. Congratulations!

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  10:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats on getting to the initial operating stages Mark! Can't wait to see more,

Phil

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  10:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark and Phil!

Mark

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  10:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, so great to see you and the lads put the layout through its inaugural operating session.
Those long coal drags look fabulous winding their way through the turnouts.
Not to worry about not having all structures in place at the time. I'm sure operators really had the feel that they were creating revenue for the road.
I love the distant shots down the aisleways. You've done a fabulous job in creating this masterpiece. I always look forward to future developments!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  11:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Mike! Yes, now I am in the 'tweaking' stage and plan to continue operating on a regular basis with a full crew in the months to come. I want to put the railroad through it's paces and work out any operational bugs. I am pleased that it performed so well the other night, but I know over time we will come up with improvements that I will want to incorporate.

The good news is that with the big construction behind me, I plan to now start to shift some of my efforts to scenery and structures. I plan to start with some mockups to get a feel of things as I get ideas. This is the fun part!

Mark

keystonefarm
Section Hand

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  01:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking very nice Mark. Neat to see names and train symbols that are familar !!! Glad to see some new posts from NJ !! I was wondering if everyone over there was hibernating due to our wonderfull weather. ---- Ken

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  05:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Page: of 95 Previous Topic: Franklin Junction Layout Progress Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000