Railroad Line Forums - Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: Traintinker ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Erie & Pittsburgh Line Construction (n scale) Topic Next Topic: looking for switch machine
Page: of 97

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  11:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris, Ralph and Mark. Chris, it really does. There is still a lot to do, but at the same time, I want to proof everything as best as I can and there's no better way to do that then get some friends over and run stuff and see how things go.

Me too Mark!

Mark

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats Mark!!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  12:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Mark.

As you think, so will you be.

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  12:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome.

Very cool!

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  11:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Phil, Rick and Bob!

Mark

MikeMc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  11:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit MikeMc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Big step!!! Congrats Mark!

Mike McNamara
Delran, NJ

Edited by - MikeMc on 11/12/2014 11:25:14 AM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike!

Mark

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  6:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Mark-looks great, you're on a roll now. I was blown away at progress at our last BS session but geez!!! Great work as always, love seeing this all come together for you.

Need another BS night, soccer is over after this weekend for the season.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  8:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt. Yes, you need to come over and see it in person. You know the number.

Mark

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  12:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who may be following along, I don't want anyone thinking that I've fallen into another one of my 'funks'. Nothing could be further from the truth! In fact, the past few weeks have seen much progress on the railroad, although nothing photo-worthy. After our first trial session a few weeks ago, I had a to-do list of a few repairs that needed to be taken care of, which is completed. I want to try to stay ahead of the problems as they surface.

I have also been adding more cars to the layout. Over the past few years, between layouts, I have collected an abundance of cars from shows, meets, collection liquidations, etc. Each of these cars goes through a ‘standards check’ and then placed on the layout. Many of these cars are kits which I have been assembling. While my inventory says I have 381 cars, not nearly enough, there is only about 260 on the layout, not nearly enough to operate, so it is important that I get as many of these cars on the layout as I can over the next month or so.

In addition to that, I have been generating waybills as well. According to my calculations, I will need approximately 430 cars for the layout, which means I will need at least that many waybill cards! I have generated about 300 so far so that project is well underway.

Finally, but just as important, track laying continues. The town of South Danville is now complete and operational and the town of Shamokin is just about complete as well,

The problem I’ve been facing is staying focused. With the layout so close to operation and everything now running, I become easily distracted and find myself playing, running locals, switching, staging through freights, etc.

So I guess I've entered that phase where you get a lot done, but nothing to really show for it. But never fear - scenery is coming soon!

Mark

Edited by - MarkF on 11/24/2014 12:14:24 PM

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/24/2014 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
South Danville?

I know of Danville but I am not familiar with S Danville.

Going to work in a little DL&W interchange? Or I should ask the question first. Did the DL&W interchange with PRR in Danville?

As I keep developing my N scale empire on paper I keep thinking of ways to do a small bit of interchange to add a bit of contrast to the loco fleet.

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

Edited by - BessemerBob on 11/24/2014 5:13:51 PM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  12:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, it's interesting you mention Danville. Yes, there is a Danville, Pa. and there doesn't appear to be a 'South Danville' on a map, however, on the PRR timetables, they refer to Danville as 'South Danville'. The only explanation I can offer is the town of Danville appears to be on both sides of the Susquehanna River, and that portion where the railroad ran was on the southern part of town, south of the river, so perhaps that was referred to as 'South Danville'? I did notice one time when I was up in the area and found a station there, it was labeled as 'Danville'. Perhaps someone else can offer some insight to this mystery. At any rate, since the PRR referred to is as 'South Danville', so do I!

With regard to a DL&W interchange in Danville, to my knowledge, no. I do know that the DL&W interchanged with the PRR at Northumberland, coming in from the north. I believe that trackage is still active and operated by a short line in the area.

Mark

Twist67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Twist67's Homepage  Send Twist67 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there,
it´s nice to hear that your layout comes to live and you have fun on operating it....keep up the great work....

Cheers,Chris

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  5:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris! Believe me when I say no one is happier to see it come to life than me!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/25/2014 :  6:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, do you have a breakdown of the different types of cars (hoppers, flat cars, box cars, etc.) that you need in that total of 430 cars that you need to operate the layout?

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Page: of 97 Previous Topic: Erie & Pittsburgh Line Construction (n scale) Topic Next Topic: looking for switch machine  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000