Railroad Line Forums - Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Carrie Creek Land Co. construction series Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread
Page: of 95

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  1:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

Thanks guys! Love your comment Bill! "Well, well. Butter my buns and call me a biscuit!" Where did you ever come up with that one!

It's one of them thar Col-e-rado eastern plains farmer sayins I hear'd in town at the cafe'.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  6:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

Glad to see things are again energized. Great recent progress and look forward to seeing the results of this upcoming weekend.

Amazing/scary what that South Jersey gang can do. Maybe you should put a warning on your progress pictures, "don't try this at home, depicted work is supervised by professional steam nut"

Dave

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  11:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steam Nut

The end is near!!!!!! For the helix that is, At least that pic of me is not the same one the post office has!

Steam-by the looks of it in that picture, one could easily assume that you were actually trying to escape-lol

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  11:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, to some extent, I think he is! Poor guy. I think he is 'helixed out'! However, the good news is, his job is ALMOST complete!

Yes, Steam stopped by last night and was determined to get the final loop installed. I was already at work painting benchwork when he arrived and I noticed that the man was talking to himself. Not a good sign. So I kept about my business, finishing painting the underside of the upper level benchwork white. I'm please to announce that I completed this project as well, so we are now officially ready to begin installation of roadbed on the upper level.

So, while I was getting that done, I was also helping Bruce accomplish his task - getting the last loop done on the helix. After a little swearing and mumbling, we managed to install the final pieces of the helix!

As can be seen from the picture, Bruce is rejoicing!

So the next (and final) step is installing the subroadbed for the Glen Burn complex. This area will be located on the second level and will not only cover the helix on the upper level, but will also act as the transition piece between the helix and second level.

Congrats Bruce! It looks great!

Mark

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  01:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job on the helix. I feel your pain. The last bit is a joy to get done because you don't have to build it again!

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  01:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Mark and Bruce on getting the helix finished.

As you think, so will you be.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  07:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go, guys!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea, I think I would be grinning too, if I was Bruce! Nice job, guys!

Chuck

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, now Steam can move on to his next helix build!

Phil

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  12:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The photo of the helix enveloping Bruce reminds me of the three stooges episode when they are "plumbers" see time stamp 10:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKFhOw-PXw

Cheers!, Joe

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  1:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that clip. Maybe I can get water to go up the helix between the two tracks! Maybe even working track pans too. Can't wait to see double headed 2-10-0"s working up that thing, Its going to be great.

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Water and track pans on a grade???!!! OH-oh, I see a big mess at the bottom of the helix if that happens.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  6:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe, I love that episode of the Three Stooges! And yes, now that you mention it, it sort of does remind me of Bruce building that thing!

Now, as for track pans on a grade? Well, there's this thing called 'gravity', and something else called the 'law of physics'. Bruce, your the man and I've seen you pull off some miracles, but this one? Next thing you know, we will be calling him Moses!

Mark

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  12:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realy thick water!

dlwrailfan1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  12:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit dlwrailfan1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Baffles in the track pans and water scoops on the tenders that bounce up and down like those birds in the gift shop -- in and out of the glass.

Edited by - dlwrailfan1 on 02/11/2012 12:36:53 AM

Page: of 95 Previous Topic: Carrie Creek Land Co. construction series Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000