Railroad Line Forums - Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 64 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Scenery Topic Next Topic: Subroadbed, Roadbed and Track
Page: of 97

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  3:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pssst....ops by August 1st, right Steam?

Vagel Keller
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  6:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vagel Keller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good, Mark. Great idea to use heavy duty wall brackets for the upper level, too.

Vagel

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  6:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great Mark!!! Rick-I think he's gonna be doing ops by June 1st. He's on fire.

Mark, also good to see the bracket system in place. Looks nice and clean-big thank you to Cliff Powers for that one, huh? Doesn't appear that the fact they're black really makes a difference.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  9:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prrmatt

Looks great Mark!!! Rick-I think he's gonna be doing ops by June 1st. He's on fire.

Mark, also good to see the bracket system in place. Looks nice and clean-big thank you to Cliff Powers for that one, huh? Doesn't appear that the fact they're black really makes a difference.

Thanks Matt, and your right! Cliff, if your reading this, Matt and I both stole some ideas from your website, and the bracket idea is one of them! Thanks!

Now, as for the ops, yeah, sometime in August or September! You never know. But hey, didn't you start your layout about a year before me?

Mark

BN_Fan
Section Hand

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  10:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark - glad to see some track going in. Benchwork looks great and the paint is a great idea. Keep us in the loop on how the shelf brackets work out - how far apart you spaced them, etc. I am considering the same for my next addition.

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  11:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opps Opps Ops, But he needs a little more track first! Don't forget its three times as big as the old one so he will be out of track in about a third of the layout. Hello Atlas!

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  11:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BN_Fan

Keep us in the loop on how the shelf brackets work out - how far apart you spaced them, etc. I am considering the same for my next addition.

Hey Bob! Yes, on the next update I will go into more detail on the brackets. I've had a few people ask about them. So far it looks like they will work out very well, but there is definitely a trick to installing them correctly for our use!

Mark

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  11:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steam Nut

Opps Opps Ops, But he needs a little more track first! Don't forget its three times as big as the old one so he will be out of track in about a third of the layout. Hello Atlas!

Ya think? Good grief, I thought I had plenty of materials on hand from the old layout, but this layout is gobbling things up! What have I done? What have I gotten myself into?

Mark

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

quote:
Originally posted by Steam Nut

Ya think? Good grief, I thought I had plenty of materials on hand from the old layout, but this layout is gobbling things up! What have I done? What have I gotten myself into?

Too late, Mark...like Frankenstein's monster, this thing has taken on a life of its own! No use fighting it....just take a deep breath, close your eyes, and picture a long coal drag pulling into the PP&L Shamokin Dam power plant...LOL

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  8:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know Rick, your right! Bruce and I got some more roadbed in the other night, as well as mocking up the Northumberlan peninsula. It just seems to get bigger and bigger!

But the good news is that I can now picture some of the various scenes and I'm really getting excited. I can't wait to start scenery!

Mark

INRAIL
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  02:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

I just finished looking through all of the pages of your thread. Wow, you're going to have a really cool PRR railroad when you're done. I don't know what I would do if I had to start over. I sure hope it all comes together quickly for you. Of course, I would be anxious to get the scenery started. Building bench work is not my thing. I'm putting the final touches on all of my scenery changes this week. Again, looking good Mark.

Tom Johnson

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  09:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice progress Mark,

As for the shelf brackets, my layout is supported by them and for the three years that the brackets have been in use they have held up extremely well even with people leaning on them. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  8:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments guys!

Tom, I couldn't agree with you more. As much fun as it is watching it all come together, I'm already planning some of the scenes and I have to tell you, your layout is one of my inspirations! Seeing as how this is my fifth railroad, I'm anxious to get past all of this 'major construction' and get trains rolling and scenery started!

Ron, it's good to hear from someone who is using these brackets. I am pretty confident things will work out pretty well as they are rated to support 250 lbs!

I've made some minimal progress this week. Nothing to major to report, but hopefully by the end of this weekend, an update will be warranted!

Mark

toptrain
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your train room, and layout. Having a lot of help is a good thing.
frank

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  07:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,

Been out of the loop a bit due to workload at the office, but checked back on here and I'm amazed at the amount of progress in such a short time. Looks great!

Dave

Page: of 97 Previous Topic: Scenery Topic Next Topic: Subroadbed, Roadbed and Track  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000