Railroad Line Forums - NMRA AP Scenery Certificate "Support" Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: johnnycee6 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 NMRA AP Scenery Certificate "Support" Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Experimental model railroading:  Matching dirt Topic Next Topic: Constructing the Conrail C&P Line
Page: of 8

Joe-SVL
Section Hand

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  3:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joe-SVL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My scenery judging just finished within the last hour and I am still on cloud nine as I attempt to say thanks to all those on this forum who have kindly answered my many questions over the years. Almost 6 years ago (2/8/10) I wrote that I thought I was 7 to 10 months away from being ready for the event that finally took place today. My judges were Bob Hamm National Contest Chair and Carl Smeigh Florida state contest chair. We actually had a very good time together. They gave me the following scores: Terrain-32, Structures-20, Background-21, Lighting-19, and Realism-25 for a total of 117.

Joe Brann
Orlando, FL

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  4:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Joe!

Pete
in Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  5:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent, Joe!

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  5:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Joe. Did you post pictures of your work, anywhere?

Chuck

Joe-SVL
Section Hand

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  6:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joe-SVL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chuck,

I have not posted any photos of my scenery work. I am working on some web pages for the layout which will have a lot of scenery photos. Is there a way to post photos to this forum? If so I'd be glad to post some of mine.

Joe Brann

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  7:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Joe!

George

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/29/2016 :  8:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe,

Yes, there is. Here is a thread with a lot of information. The important thing is to make your files a reasonable size and not to use special characters in the name of the file, including spaces.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41714

Chuck

N2626
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  10:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some questions about the NMRA's Achievement Program that I would like to talk one on one with a member who is involved. If interested in a conversation on this topic, please send me a PM and I will exchange email addresses with you. Thanks

Joe-SVL
Section Hand

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  09:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joe-SVL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shortly after I posted the results of my Scenery judging Chuck asked if I could post some pictures of my efforts. At that time I was immersed in the development of some web pages for my layout for use in satisfying some of the NMRA AP Author point requirements. I have recently uploaded my web pages. The URL is www.svl-rr.com. The opening page and the Photo pages contain the best selection of scenery photos. The "Construction" page is essentially my Scenery Section 3 documentation.

Joe Brann
Orlando, FL

pwsharp101
New Hire

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  3:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

This is my first posting to the RRL forums.

I am new to model railways. I joined the NMRA last July and my local MR club in Auckland, New Zealand, three months later. I have started on the dispatchers certificate and would like to start on the scenery certificate and possibly others that involve evaluation or judging.

The NMRA divisional superintendent for New Zealand along with a long standing member of the NMRA who is a member of my local club have been very helpful. Nevertheless, since there is just 20 NMRA members or thereabouts in New Zealand, there is not a large pool of experience I can readily call on.

I will be attending Highball 2016 and would like to use some of my time there to learn more about evaluation and judging. I plan attending the clinic on judging. Do people have suggestions on what else I could do to learn more about evaluation and judging while I am at Highball 2016?

Philip
Auckland

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  4:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip,

Welcome to the RR-L Forums.

The "Masters" articles that appeared in the NMRA magazine some years ago were helpful. They are now on the NMRA website: http://www.nmra.org/masters-articles-updated-2009

I will be giving a few clinics in Indy this July. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Bruce

rca2
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-SVL

... I have recently uploaded my web pages. The URL is www.svl-rr.com....

Hi Joe: Both the scenery and the website look great. Very impressive. Also I enjoyed reading the history of your track plan.

Congratulations. Bob.

Modeling Arizona Eastern Railroad, Hayden Junction (1920), in On30

pwsharp101
New Hire

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  8:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Philip,

Welcome to the RR-L Forums.

The "Masters" articles that appeared in the NMRA magazine some years ago were helpful. They are now on the NMRA website: http://www.nmra.org/masters-articles-updated-2009

I will be giving a few clinics in Indy this July. Stop by and introduce yourself.

Bruce:

Thank you for your suggestion about the "Masters" articles. I have read all of them at least twice over the last few months and plan re-reading them as needed.

I will be attending some of the scenery and scratchbuilding clinics at Highball 2016 and will introduce myself. On a related point, I will be taking a empty suitcase to Highball 2016 to fill with supplies. The suitcase will be small because I have a month's travelling after Highball 2016.

Philip

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  9:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip,

Welcome to the Forums!

I'll be doing one of those scenery clinics in Indianapolis; stop by and introduce yourself!

Pete
in Michigan

pwsharp101
New Hire

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  02:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionvp17

Philip,

Welcome to the Forums!

I'll be doing one of those scenery clinics in Indianapolis; stop by and introduce yourself!

Pete
in Michigan

Thanks, will do! If the clinic is on Monday morning, I'll be the one asleep in the corner.

Philip
Auckland

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Experimental model railroading:  Matching dirt Topic Next Topic: Constructing the Conrail C&P Line  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000