Railroad Line Forums - SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: Wayne Taylor ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Club Forums
 The Model Railroad Club Forum
 SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers
Page: of 16

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  4:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope you will take and post lot's of pics! It's been a long time coming for you guys!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  5:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Mark said, please remember to take some photos!

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  01:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some shots from Thrusday nights celebration.

The first train breaking through the banner at west Tallman.

The lead units passing Jarmin Asphalt.

Approaching Shelburn.

Approaching the end of the line at Lyons staging.

And the cake.

Some shots of the various Club paint scheme's

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  08:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice photos, Rick. Congratulations to you all!

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations guys! A celebration well deserved!

Mark

CN6401
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  11:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CN6401's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Guy's! Well done!
I bet that's a big relief to know you have working track.
Now the fun part starts, not to say that what you just finished wasn't fun.
Now you can start the finishing and run trains at the same time, just not too much or you'll never finish.
Cheers
Ralph

Ralph Renzetti
A Touch of Yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/WeatheringbyRalph

Edited by - CN6401 on 04/24/2010 11:16:03 AM

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  1:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup:

With phase 1 of the layout nearly complete wiring and track wise, we now turn our attentions to getting our operating scheme up and going. Like finishing the printing of car cards and waybills.
Our computer is having windows issues and it won't print out car cards, this happens when I am 20 cars away from capturing all the club cars onto car cards, so we will have to get it repaired.

When we finished with the run of the first train, the rest of the evening was an open running night, members brought down their motive power. One member worked our major yard, while another member took the local that was put together and spend most of the evening switching industries, while others took some thru trains that had been staged. It was a fun time for all.

CN6401
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  1:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit CN6401's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love the paint job done on the motive power, someone has taken a lot of time masking and painting. They look great!

You may have mentioned this a while back but if you don't mind me asking, what type of control are you using, Dc or DCC? If DCC what type?
I'm just getting into DCC myself and was wondering what type and why?

God, I hate Gardening, it's keeping me away from some serious modeling.

Ralph

Ralph Renzetti
A Touch of Yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/WeatheringbyRalph

Edited by - CN6401 on 04/24/2010 2:00:07 PM

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  3:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's DCC, and we are using NCE.

The Blue with the light gray and white swoop took some time to do, the member that did those did a nice job.

Rick

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/24/2010 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to respond as to why we are useing NCE. Back before the flood happened, we were in the process of converting our old layout from DC, to DCC. We had a member that was well acquainted with the verious DCC systems available and recommended NCE because he thought that it was the most user friendly of all that was available. We used it for 1 operating session, and then the flood happened.

Fast forward to now, we had this NCE equipment vintage 2002 stored while we were excavating, so all we had to do is get up-grades to the old equipment to handle the new layout. So we didn't have to shell out a large amount of cash to purchase a new system.

Jerry M
Fireman

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  12:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, it's sure great to see your guys progress it's been two years since I was there hope to get back soon. Jerry

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  3:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on reaching a great milestone. I bet there were times in the past that you thought this day would never come. You guys are an inspiration to us all. Looking forward to future updates.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry:

You may have already known this but our work nights are Monday's and Thursday's. If you can't make it on one of those nights, let me know via this forum as to what day(s) you will be in town and we'll open up the place for you. That invitation is open to everyone on this forum.

Rick

Jerry M
Fireman

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rick I appreciate the nice offer, I need to get up and visit with Allen and Beth this year so when I do I'm sure Allen will show me around. Looking great! Jerry

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  1:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To All:

An up-date on what has been going on around here. We are making progress in setting up the car cards and routing cards for operations. To satisfy the industries we currently have on the layout and keep the layout in balance car wise, we will need to generate 602 way bills to start things off. I sounds like a lot, but we are using Shenware to generate the way bills so it should not be that painful to do.

We had a minor set back a couple weeks back. We have a space heater located in the layout room, someone got cold and turned the heater on high to warm themselves up, however they failed to shut the heater off when they left at the end of the evening. So the heater heated up the room for 4 days, and caused heat kinks on a half dozen switches in the area of the layout that was closest to the heater.

I'm sorry I didn't get pictures, some of the kinks were pretty narley looking. Once the heat was shut off and the room cooled down a couple of the rails went back to normal, but we found a few more messed up switches. Last night we managed to repair the switches in place so the layout is back up and running and life is good again.

Rick

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000