Railroad Line Forums - SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 180 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Club Forums
 The Model Railroad Club Forum
 SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers
Page: of 16

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  11:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of a sick mind does that stuff? Absolutely sick. I also hope you catch them with a bat!

Better yet, electrify the fence! That'll teach them!

Mark

Edited by - MarkF on 07/11/2009 11:31:00 PM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  03:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ralph and Mark, . .We are part and parcel of a community center which is very frequently rented out to private
parties, especially for wedding receptions. Our leaser is now stipulating that renters will be responsible for paying
for a security person to be present when their event occurs. Hopefully, that policy and our new fence and gate
will solve the issues. Here are some pictures of our new enclosure:

At first glance, it just looks like a new and taller wooden fence and gate, . .

But behind the wood is a steel structure, . .

And a locking foundation.

Note that the fence has four steel rails and two wooden reinforcement supports, . .

And the back fence has been enhanced with new and taller siding.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

What kind of a sick mind does that stuff? Absolutely sick. I also hope you catch them with a bat!

Better yet, electrify the fence! That'll teach them!

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 07/12/2009 03:59:44 AM

CN6401
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  10:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CN6401's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allen,
Can you put some carpet strips on the top of the fence. You know the type they use for holding down broadloom carpet. Or better still Barbed wire.
Don,t get me wrong, I'm not a mean person but if someone broke into my home, I'd do the maximum allowable to keep them out.
I hope you solve the problem.
Ralph

Ralph Renzetti
A Touch of Yesterday
https://www.facebook.com/WeatheringbyRalph

railmus
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  12:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit railmus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Motion sensor hooked up to a camera and recorder? Report to police!

Find out who they are and make their names public!

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  2:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, that is one hell of a fence! I'm assuming thats pretty tall too, but I have to agree, the idea of the carpet tack strip or barbed wire isn't bad, especially after what you guys have been through! If not that, John's idea of a security camera tied in with a digital video recorder might work too! Even a dummy camera hanging outside. If they THINK there is a camera, that may be enough of a deterent.

Mark

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  4:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the past when there were wedding receptions and party's at the community center, we would find paper plates, plastic forks, popcans and other assorted garbage that were flung by the party patron's over the old fence and into our courtyard.

Also, when there were parties that had adult beverages on hand, the drunk mental marvels would toss their beer cans into the gutters on the community center roof, thus causing them to overflow and flood the area when the fall rains came.

We had thought about putting a tack strip or something on the top of the fence, but you know what would happen if we did, someone would try and scale the fence, get cut up, and then take either us or the community center to court.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  11:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a TEST:

Allen

Edited by - anbhurst on 07/15/2009 11:43:55 AM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  01:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A test Allen? Not sure what the test is, but the pics look great! Roadbed already??? Wow, you guys don't fool around! This is getting exciting!

Mark

jeffjan2001
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeffjan2001's Homepage  Send jeffjan2001 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! i've been away from the forum for a while, and i am glad that the road project seems to be behind you...
you guys have really gotten a lot done.
ona side note, where are you getting homasote? my club is planning a revision of a section and will more than likely need new board.

Jeff
Spitton, Bailey & Wyre RR
"We'll get you there even if we have to get out and push!"
http://www.trainweb.org/sbwrr
Loosely Based on the Camas Prairie RR in Northern ID

Edited by - anbhurst on 07/28/2009 12:59:35 PM

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there are any stores in your neck of the woods, we get our homasote at Mr. Plywood.

Rick

Jerry M
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Allen how are you and Beth? Looks like you guys are on the way!! Have you had anymore problems with the AH's who vandalized? I hope not, layout is really starting to happen. I need to get up there and visit you guys again, Sherrie won't leave Florence until the temps inland drop, we went to Roseburg yesterday and it was over a hundred!! Us coast people can't even deal with that kind of heat, anything over 75 is a heat wave.......Hope to see you guys soon, you know you can always come down and visit us here to cool off. Jerry

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkF

A test Allen? Not sure what the test is, but the pics look great! Roadbed already??? Wow, you guys don't fool around! This is getting exciting!

Yes Mark, it was a test to see if the width of the picture and resolution were acceptable. If our forum guidelines are followed, the viewer shouldn't have to scroll back and forth to read the thread. I will probably post the rest of the sequence (in the test) when we return from our trip South. Referring to Roadbed already??? we actually have some turnouts and mainline track installed.

Allen

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  12:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffjan2001

WOW! i've been away from the forum for a while, and i am glad that the road project seems to be behind you...
you guys have really gotten a lot done.
ona side note, where are you getting homasote? my club is planning a revision of a section and will more than likely need new board.

Jeff (& Rick),

Rick gave you MR. PLYWOOD as our source for homasote. I'm not sure, but I don't think they are wide spread chain. My thought was to go by and see if they could give me their vendor information, and then you could go from there. How's that sound?

Allen

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  1:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry M

Hey Allen how are you and Beth? Looks like you guys are on the way!! Have you had anymore problems with the AH's who vandalized? I hope not, layout is really starting to happen. I need to get up there and visit you guys again, Sherrie won't leave Florence until the temps inland drop, we went to Roseburg yesterday and it was over a hundred!! Us coast people can't even deal with that kind of heat, anything over 75 is a heat wave.......Hope to see you guys soon, you know you can always come down and visit us here to cool off. Jerry

Jerry (& Sherrie),

We definitely know what you mean about the triple digits, . .and our A/C broke down last night. :o( We hope to have it fixed before we leave early Thursday morning for sunny California. It would be nice to have a cool house to come back to. On our return to Oregon during the second week of August, we plan to stay in Grants Pass for three days. I wish we could swing by and see you but that will have to be at another time. Got to run for now!

Allen & Beth

Allen

Edited by - anbhurst on 07/28/2009 1:11:56 PM

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  2:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There hasn't been an up-date on the progress of our Club's layout for a while, so I have included some pictures. These are a few weeks old, and more progress has been made in the areas shown.

Rick

Tallman Looking East

Tallaman Looking West

Irvinville

Lebanon

Brewester

Shelburn

Mole

Mole Helix

Edited by - anbhurst on 09/29/2009 1:52:31 PM

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000