Railroad Line Forums - SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: unclebug ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Club Forums
 The Model Railroad Club Forum
 SANTIAM PASS LITE!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers
Page: of 16

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  7:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allen, as closely as I followed both threads, those two pictures really put things into perspective. WOW! While I was impressed before, now I'm speechless. Any more before and after shots? They are fun to look at.

Mark

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  5:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The before / after shots show the amazing work you've done. Very impressive!

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  09:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Monday we were talking about using the 60 pound jack hammer to break the dirt up and how big of a chore it was lugging that thing around and then having to lift it up high enough to break up waste high compact dirt. And after a few bouts doing that your arms get so tired someone has to climb up on to the pile of dirt to help you lift the hammer into place. I am amazed at what we have accomplished too.

Rick

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  10:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW..... That before and after shot is impressive, are you sure it's the same place? I'm greatly impressed on the perseverance your group has had in carrying out all the work required to make this happen. Now that the new layout has started I see you are wasting no time in getting it built and running, another impressive feat in the making.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  09:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have an operating session coming up this Thursday the 27th and Saturday the 29th. I'm going to try and get some pictures to post, or maybe I can get Allen to take some shots of the action.

Rick

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  10:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick A

I'm going to try and get some pictures to post, or maybe I can get Allen to take some shots of the action.

Please do, Rick.

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  03:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some recent pictures (At last!) of our January 27th and 29th Santiam Pass Lite operation session:

After a drawing on Thursday evening, Rick (right) hands out operating positions to the participants.
Note the benchstock in the background for future benchwork.

From left to right, Mike (standing to the right of the support timber), Charlie (a visiting guest, and friend of) Frank (to the
right) and yours truly, along with others await their assignments.

Below, from left to right, Brian, Dean, Greg, and Allen #2, along with others respond on the lighter side when an assignment
turns up less than what had been desired. Who will be next?

Brian steps forward to turn in his tag and receive his assignment. Note the clipboards on the table (foreground)
are for scheduled trains.

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Edited by - anbhurst on 02/08/2011 03:19:55 AM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  6:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

With most of the assignments in hand, the crew awaits for the final ones to be issued, and Rick's green flag to officially
start the session.

Below, Greg (right) came prepared to engineer a couple of his ATSF -Striped EMDs, but he ended-
up drawing one of the mole positions instead.

Following his assignment as mole operator, Greg (right) receives a short briefing from Norm on some of the operational
procedures, . .

And Jeff (left) and Keith go over the various aspects of operating the Lebanon Yard.

Allen

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  7:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks well-organized, Allen.

If assignments were handed out at random, I would probably get the 'donut run'.

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  12:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man.....I need to go on a diet.

Rick

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  8:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Having been dispatched from the mole to locate the manifest for a train initiating from Lyons, Greg (right) chuckles over
Frank finding it (the green packet in his right hand) right in front of himself. Note Greg's s on point.

Below, Frank (right) briefs Charlie, the Engineer, as they await a track warrant from the dispatcher.

Meanwhile, Norm, the Dispatcher, is busily engaged at the dispatcher's console with the movement of trains.

Below, he passes a track warrant to Frank & Charlie.

Allen

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  8:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

While Greg is temporarily in Lyons, Bob (below) as Co-Mole Operator, prepares another train for
departure, . .

And Doug (below) secures a track warrant for his departing Eastbound grain train. Note the tracks through
the wall leading to Tallman.

Doug's grain train entering Tallman on the west end.

Meanwhile, the road crews gather in a makeshift lounge. One day, when the clubhouse is finished, it will be a much
nicer lounge.

Allen

Edited by - anbhurst on 02/10/2011 8:59:40 PM

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  02:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well, . .Thar's problems brewing with Greg's -stripes. It seems that they are a-havin' a hard time communicatin' with
the club's NCE system. Below, Steve (right) assists Frank in their replacement. . .

While Greg works at tryin' to restore 'em.

Down the line, Frank and Charlie's westbound mixed-consist eventually meets Doug's eastbound grain-train
which is being held at the East end of Tallman.

As his train passes the eastbounder, Frank keeps a close watch on the turn-out
for possible derailment issues.

Allen

Edited by - anbhurst on 02/12/2011 1:46:57 PM

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  09:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like another successful op session! Great shots. How many people do you guys need to have a full blown op session?

Mark

Rick A
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  3:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark:

A minimum of 11 to fill all the positions and the pool. At this session we had 17 for the Thursday and 18 for the Saturday session. Because of that, we double up on the pool crews, one is the engineer, the other is the conductor who writes out the track warrants, that way nearly everyone gets involved with the session.
And it's less intimidating for a newcomer who doesn't know the layout or the operating scheme. He can be the engineer and can be teamed up with someone who know's the layout and know's how to fill out and read back track warrants. The newbe can listen in on the radio, learn the lingo and usually after a couple of pool trains they are ready to try their hand at conductor.

Rick

Page: of 16 Previous Topic: Clubs in Minnesota? Topic Next Topic: Southern New Mexico N Scalers  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000