Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 54 ]  [ Total: 54 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2010 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrian,
You should upload your JPEG images directly to the forum. Links to other web sites cause problems in the future if that site goes down.
It's easy to upload and post your pictures here directly.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2010 :  12:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd share a You Tube video I put together after visiting some public aquariums. Hope all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVEbApJuTs

Mainframer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  11:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F-18 demo during the McConnell AFB Air Show, Wichita September 2010. Lots of moisture in the air just before storms moved in.

Just before the Thunderbirds demo a thunderstorm came in and canceled the show.
Tom

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  04:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some of my recent photographs in and around sydney. Recently made the switch back to a 35mm film SLR for most of my shooting to try get back to basics so wont be posting any new pics for a while i think.

Anyway here we are.
Some HDR photographs in sydney city.

And then some night time photography with long exposures. most are 2 to 4 mins.

Owen Pass Lumber Company
HO Logging Layout in a Shed.
https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

Edited by - adrian_batey on 10/27/2010 06:21:39 AM

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  08:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrain,
Nice job with the HDR. What software are you using for HDR?

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  08:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, great shot of the F-18.

Adrian, your HDR shots are very good but I much prefer the long exposure night shots.
IMHO, HDR is nice for the occasional gee-wiz picture, but doesn't look natural as your other pictures do.

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  09:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, I may be wrong, but I think all of the shots were done in HDR.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  7:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the compliments guys. Rick i agree with the HDR opinion. They are nice for the occasional thing but wont be doing them all the time. Justa discussion on the forums lead me to having a go. I personally think i went to far with them. I have done a few others not so dramatic with the intention of only increaseing the detail. I need to get photoshop i think. have put it off for a year or so but its about time. (don't want it to eat into my workshop time though)

The night exposures were my first attempt after reading a blog online about night phogpraphy.

Was more experimental and i managed to forget a bag of my gear when i left home. Will be giving it another go next time the Moon is full. Its rather nice to sit on the beach push a button then chat to your friends for 8 mins while you wait for the exposure.

Dave i have been using Photomatix Pro. They have a trial verson that leaves a water mark but i used the full version on my friends PC.

Owen Pass Lumber Company

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  09:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried the PhotoMatrix Light trial version and thought it was fine.
Not sure I can spring for the cost of the Pro.
Adrian, also look at Photoshop Elements. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the full version but the most used ones are there and certainly sufficient for the average user.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  4:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fall colors were at their peak a week ago and we went out in search of color. These were taken along a country road S of Vermontville, MI.

First image deleted, it looked a lot worse on here than it did on the monitor doing the work.

All three images were processed through Photomatix software and PS Elements 8 allowing colors to be boosted slightly and detail in shadows to be better seen.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/26/2010 07:55:16 AM

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  4:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would have to agree with you. Unless you plan on doing a lot of HDR's it wouldnt be worth it (best put the money to another kit )

I almost died when i saw how much CS5 costs even with student discounts and stuff. Curious if anyone uses lightroom as well?

Owen Pass Lumber Company

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  5:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian_batey

I would have to agree with you. Unless you plan on doing a lot of HDR's it wouldnt be worth it (best put the money to another kit )

I almost died when i saw how much CS5 costs even with student discounts and stuff. Curious if anyone uses lightroom as well?

I've been using the very inexpensive and effective HDRtist on the Mac.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  7:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adrian,
There are a number of guys using just Lightroom and they like it so that's all they use.
Again, it's a cost thing for me.

Dave, since I'm stuck with Windows, HDRtist won't work for me.

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  09:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Those fall photos are just terrific. I know some won't like the HDR effect but I personally think it makes for a stunning picture.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  09:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave, I just figured out the image I deleted was ok, but the desk top monitor I'd looked at it on, not the same I used to process, needs calibration and is clipping highlights in the blues on all images.... have to figure that out. Just need some time.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000