Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: lewisoliver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  2:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another group of photos, this time from Sydney,AU. Sydney is the most expensive city in AU. Also the 8th most expensive in the world to live in.

Opera House at sunrise This acrhitectural feat,designed by Danish architect Jom Utzon, opened in 1973 and is now one of the most recognized buikdings in the world. Situated at Bennelong Point, it is surrounded by lush gardens and the sparkling waters of Sydney Harbour.

"The Rocks" the oldest part of Sydney

The New Sydney(background) vs the old Sydney(foreground)

I guess this is how Sydneysiders sell their used bikes

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  2:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill for the Sydney photos.... I have a business trip to Sydney in June and hope to take plenty of photos myself. Danny

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures of Sydney, Bill. Thanks for sharing.
Nice view too, Dave. Is this Athens and the Acropola?

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  5:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures guys. Looks like a few nice vacations were had.

kay4pacific
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  11:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are a few photos from my visit to Christchurch,NZ on January 22,09

Mobile Barista
Nikon D200 f8 30mm 1/200 ISO400

Cool Penguin Van...check out the roof where the penguin starts his movements to the dive position.
Nikon D200 f8 38mm 1/320 ISO 200

Chess anyone? People will start a match with anyone?
Nikon D200 f8 26mm ISO200 1/320

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  8:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow you folks have been busy.
Nice photos folks!

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  8:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have been MIA for awhile (494 unread topics!) but I have an excuse...

I've been working on, of all things, AHL hockey. Let me tell you I didn't know nuthin' 'bout this when I started (What's a blue line? ). You wanna talk steep learnin' curve!

But when you have an all access pass you get to shoot from some very interesting spots.

Here's link to a 37 photo slideshow.

I should be back once the Calder Cup is over.
--Rich B.

Edited by - RichBeau on 04/14/2009 8:49:44 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  9:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rich, good to hear from you again. I was wondering what you've been up to.

Just looked at the slideshow. Very nice. Because of the speed of it, hockey and most other sports must be tough to shoot. I guess this is where all of your street photography (composing and focusing shots quickly) has helped.

bitlerisvj
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  09:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!!! A northerner that doesn't know what a blue line is? Come on, I don't believe you... Especially now when the NHL Playoffs have just started. BTW, almost all of the ORIGINAL SIX are in the Playoffs, with the exception of Toronto. I do feel bad for the Leafs, I have always had a soft spot for them after the Red Wings and of course, our very own Carolina Hurricanes.
I hope the Hockey fever gets you. The only thing I don't like about Hockey, is that when I watch it, I am GLUED to the screen, I am compelled to look at all the action on the ice. I can't even do mind numbing model railroad stuff like glue shingles on roofs.
Regards, Vic Bitleris
quote:
Originally posted by RichBeau

Yes I have been MIA for awhile (494 unread topics!) but I have an excuse...

I've been working on, of all things, AHL hockey. Let me tell you I didn't know nuthin' 'bout this when I started (What's a blue line? ). You wanna talk steep learnin' curve!

But when you have an all access pass you get to shoot from some very interesting spots.

Here's link to a 37 photo slideshow.

I should be back once the Calder Cup is over.
--Rich B.

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  07:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rick. I'll be taking another shooting excursion into the city on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend if you're around.

Vic, remember I live in the Boston area so first there's the Red Sox, then came the Celtics and I have always been a Pat's fan so how could I pay much attention to hockey? Yes, it is indeed true that I didn't know a whole heckavalot about the game when I started. And I still make anticipation mistakes. I'm definitely better and know the difference between icing and an offside call at this point.

--Rich B.

bitlerisvj
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  09:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow, the Boston area. Yes, Boston is very rich in sports, history, and education. This year the Bruins have been doing very well and are already leading the Habs in the first round of the playoffs. Don't forget the Bruins are part of the Original Six in Hockey. I expect them to do quite well in the playoffs. Who knows, Lord Stanley's cup may visit Boston this year?
Regards, Vic Bitleris
quote:
Originally posted by RichBeau

Thanks Rick. I'll be taking another shooting excursion into the city on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend if you're around.

Vic, remember I live in the Boston area so first there's the Red Sox, then came the Celtics and I have always been a Pat's fan so how could I pay much attention to hockey? Yes, it is indeed true that I didn't know a whole heckavalot about the game when I started. And I still make anticipation mistakes. I'm definitely better and know the difference between icing and an offside call at this point.

--Rich B.

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  01:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm really enjoying the photos everyone has been posting on this thread. One of the reasons I've not posted a thing about trains in a long time is I've recently invested in a good camera and a few lenses and have been on a shutter happy rampage ever since. My brother has been really helpful with photography advice so I'm starting to get some results that I like.

Here's a few landscapes:

Some street photography:

And some of my black & white minimal/abstractions:

(you can look at everything bigger on my Flickr page : http://www.flickr.com/photos/acoustic-company/ )

Regards,

Cody

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  04:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many nice pictures, Cody, in various styles.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  5:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cody
The B&W landscapes have a charm and feeling all of their own. Thanks for posting
Peter
BCT

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  4:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got good news today. Three of my photgraphys are being published by a wall decor art publisher and will be sold to wall art manufacturers. These will be sold as framed pictures in the furniture and hospitailty markets. Here are two of the three (before Photoshop). Danny

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000