Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 66 ]  [ Total: 69 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  5:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This idea has been far more popular than I first imagined. The first thread (found here), at over 50 pages has gotten too long so it's time to start a new one.

Here's the original intro just as a reminder...

Many of us are not solely focused on photographing railroads, either real or models. Plus I know that some of you even did this as a job, some latent photographers, and some of us are just plain lucky. Because I like seeing a good photo, here's the idea for this thread -- it will be a place to show off your nifty artsy-fartsy photos. You know the ones...those photos that the rest of the family skips over because so-and-so looks so cute! Meanwhile that great low-down red sun-warmed Monument Valley shot gets shuffled to the bottom of the deck. Yup here's an opportunity to show the rest of us what you've got beyond those photos centered on trains. You've seen some of my stuff so let's see some of those well composed artistic photos worth sharing with others on the forum. I betcha there's some award winners out there and you're just hidding them.

Thanks for all of the great contributions. Keep them coming!
--Rich B.

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  5:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So let me start the festivities...

This is a single photo and is not layered nor a multiple exposure. I'm standing in front of a set of doors shooting through one pane of glass into the large kiosk on the dockside hence the reflections of the Rowes Wharf Hotel and arch.

Looks pretty cool on black.
--Rich

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting and highly detailed photo, Rich. Would be one heck of a puzzle!!!

Hope we see more!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  8:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Rich, you've started off the new thread with a real beauty.

Here's another one I took at the Essex Boat yard.

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  06:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good composition, some nice hidden details, and wonderfully muted color, Rick.
--Rich

railbuilderdhd
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  09:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you don't mind this is a photo I didn't take but thought you may enjoy. It's from the mapping office I worked in before that was contracting out ortho photograph (aerial photography) and when they took the photos near the airport there was a plan landing as the plan taking the photos was flying overhead.

Dave

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  09:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  7:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice shots.
Rick, this scene is full of beautiful colors. It took me a long time before I noticed the flag in the left corner.
Dave, very interesting shot. At first, I had simply thought the plane was on the ground, before looking more carefully.
Karl, probably not the best place to live in everyday, but a very RR-Line looking structure...

DaveInTheHat
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  12:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaveInTheHat's Homepage  Reply with Quote

This is from a walk I took. More pictures here: http://public.fotki.com/DaveInTheHat/pictures_along_the_way/ironton-rail-trail/

http://www.fotki.com/daveinthehat
http://www.youtube.com/user/daveinthehat/videos

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  1:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Nov 11th sunrise at Provincetown Cape Cod. I missed the green dot at the moment of rising but caught it just after. No alterations made to this picture.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Cape cod lighthouse located at the Highland Links Golf Course. This course was created in the 1800s and is very unique 9 hole format. Interesting to see the small greens, short distances and narrow fairways. It about 5 degrees to cold to play. I digress, the lighthouse has been moved back substantially from the cliff edge because of erosion.

Chris Lyon

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  2:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, beautiful place and fine photography! The american east coast is really a place I'd like to go paint my paintings...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  8:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Troels. Any chance to see a picture of one of your paintings on this thread?.

Chris Lyon

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  01:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, since the forum is a non commercial zone, I'd be boiled in oil and put on a stake... sorry!

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  01:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have gotten a complement on this one on Flickr:

Oops. That one is railroad related. I took it for a scenery reference photo. Messed with in the Flickr Picnic photo editor.
Thanks for looking;
L&N nut
Jon

RDG-LNE
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit RDG-LNE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are two shots I took in Philly along the Schuylkill River. The first shows (from rear to front) the new Cira Center building, the PRR/PC/Amtrak Thirtieth Street Station and the Market Street bridge over the Schuylkill River:

The next shot is a stairway which is being restored near the Philadelphia Museum of Art. In the enlarged shot, the moon is visible in the tree limbs. Enjoy!

Drew

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000