Railroad Line Forums - The Sn3 Branch
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 The Sn3 Branch
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Copyright Reminder Topic
Page: of 14

hminky
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit hminky's Homepage
Always get the S scale bug after watching a Paul Scoles video, just got the Operations one. Ripped out all the On30 track and scenery. Making one final run in S scale narrow gauge.

That is an HO Roundhouse/athearn 4-4-0-IHC 4-4-0 merge in Sn3.5.

Converting a Mantua HO 1860's boxcar to early Sn3.5.

That red really photographs poorly. The drawing is of an 1870's D&RG. Didn't like the "hinky" D&RG trucks so am using the Mantua woodbeams.

Visit:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/sn3_5/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

Ray46
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Harold, I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting the dreaded Red X for your photos and the Web Address you give goes nowhere.

Ray

Ray46
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  4:16:35 PM  Show Profile
Well, if it was my computer, it has cleared up. If not, thanks.

Ray

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile
After the cars, motive power and MOW.

My friend Alexander Zelkine had taken to its home my Railmaster C19 last summer in order to improve its running capabilities after my poor assembling of it. After a lot of work, she's back, ready for the final stages of building. I'll try to be careful and not ruin her again. Now, how could I convince him to build a C16?

I purchased the second loco from Francois Fontana, one of the editors of the french magazine Loco-Revue. It is a small Porter created by Backwoods Miniature about 12 years ago, that he had bought and built then. Since he doesn't have - and doesn't plan to have - an Sn3 layout, he wanted to part with it and sold it to me. The first shot suggests there's some re-quartering to do, and the last one shows that there's a missing screw, which Peter McParlin, the owner of BM, promised to send to me quickly. It's a nice, mini-engine, and after a bit of weathering it will make a fine addition to the roster.

Finally, a quite different project. I have been thinking to build a model of D&RG Marion shovel work car numbered OQ for years, but was a bit intimidated at the idea of scratchbuilding the machinery inside this car. But when I talked to Peter McParlin of his On30 ditcher, he explained to me that the machinery was in fact undersized for O scale, and would be OK for S scale. So I bought one and plan to use it for the interior and boom of OQ.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  4:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Frederic...your BWM little Porter looks great! I'm wrestling with myself over the closed cab version of your loco or a Railmaster Plymouth Sn3 diesel. I took your tip and used some HO Kadee #5 couplers for my yard caboose. Now it needs finishing touches like paint, clean-up, decals, etc. Here's what I have so far:

Gettin' there!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  4:23:18 PM  Show Profile
A pretty little car, Russ. How is your project of layout now?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  4:50:28 PM  Show Profile
That's turning into a neat little caboose, Russ.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  5:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

A pretty little car, Russ. How is your project of layout now?

No benchwork as yet...the basement is still full of junk. This is one of the two final trackplans that I put together. This layout is 2'X6'.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  5:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

That's turning into a neat little caboose, Russ.

Thanks, Bruce...I have to order some details like the stove, smokejack, some tools, hire on a couple of LPs, etc. That'll finish it. This was entirely a PS&S (parts, stock 'n scrap) project using stuff I already had. Frederic's got me lookin' real hard at motive power...and I don't even have a layout up yet!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  6:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Russ, this plan should provide you with fine opportunities to operate despite its small size. Have you considered having some sort of hidden track at the end to let trains go into and out of the stage?

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  6:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hello, Frederic...From my reviews of mini layouts, I do have room for hidden staging, and a transfer or turntable. Good idea!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  7:09:57 PM  Show Profile
I think you won't regret such an improvement, Russ.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  08:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Frederic, it looks like you have some nice locomotive projects going.

Russ, the bobber is looking good. Itís amazing what a seasoned modeler can come up with using parts from his scrap box. That layout, with a staging track, will give you lots of fun doing operations.

George

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  4:49:51 PM  Show Profile
Yes, George. And also some more cosmetic ones : rebuild a Heisler regauged from a Rivarossi (the cabin arrived broken when somebody sold it to me) ; create a new superstructure on a Mantua articulated 2-6-6-2 regauged by my friend Alex Zelkin : these two ones shouldn't be too hard when I decide to tackle them.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  11:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Here's a variation on the previous trackplan using a return loop that rises above the 'mainline' which goes through a 'tunnel'. The curved track is 16" radius.

Russ

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Copyright Reminder Topic  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000