Railroad Line Forums - B&M Eastern Route progress
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 100 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 B&M Eastern Route progress
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: West Allen Street and Thawne Topic Next Topic: An inventory challenge
Page: of 56

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  08:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work, great night shots!

Mike

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  09:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!

Suddenly I'm craving fried clams....

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mike & Pete. Pete, I've never spent much time in Oregon, I wonder if they understand how to fry out there? I guess we'll find out. And no more layout progress till I'm back.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  12:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

Thanks, Mike & Pete. Pete, I've never spent much time in Oregon, I wonder if they understand how to fry out there? I guess we'll find out. And no more layout progress till I'm back.

James, if you're headed for Portland, let's try to find out.

Or maybe not. I'm hearing horror stories about bio hazards related to El Niņo that have messed with fisheries up and down the west coast.

Stay tuned!

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  11:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alas, I didn't encounter fried clams anywhere I went between Portland and Phoenix. And I've been so happy to be eating my own home cooking that I haven't gone out for them since I got back. Maybe next week.

I've finished a project for the Hub Division and now it's back to scenery work:

I got this 'Ornate Picket Fence' from Monroe Models' booth at the National Train Show. Tomorrow the glue will be dry enough to paint. Once it's installed Mrs. Rice's garden will be (mostly) safe from the chickens. Beans and Rhubarb are from Noch, young fruit trees (right) are from JTT.

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  11:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lighting really makes it.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  12:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done, James!

"After" pictures, please! I picked up the fences as well, and need to see how they really look when done!

Please chomp a clam or two for me while you're at it....

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2015 :  7:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Scenery AP evaluators will be looking for appropriate signage. So in between picking chestnuts and making applesauce and firewood, I've been trying out new aspects of GIMP on bits of images I found on the net:

I'll eventually need an 'Entering Newbury' sign, but good images are lacking; I'll just take a quick shot when I go pick this one up from the copy shop (long lasting ink on semi-gloss paper, which my home printer doesn't have). .xcf or PDF format available on request.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2015 :  7:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lookin' Good!

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2015 :  08:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still applying details:

I like the way these signs look. But I expect to be asked about license plates, so they'll be on the next sheet I send to the print shop.

I'm not so happy with this view; commercial picket fence doesn't work well on slopes. But the issues are less clear when viewed from above, so it can stay for now. Tip: the Monroe fenceposts are rectangular, so I drilled 3/32" and punched the holes to fit with the tail of a 4" file.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  11:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I built the Massachusetts town boundary sign and installed it tonight:

Then I spent a while installing New Hampshire Red chickens and cows but it's late and I'm not satisfied with my paint job on Sweetie the Jersey. More as it happens.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  10:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good, James.

Be sure to mention the attention to detail when the evaluators show up. To most people a chicken is a chicken and a cow is a cow; they have no idea what a guernsey or a jersey looks like as opposed to a holstein, for instance. That kind of attention to detail is worth extra points.

Pete
in Michigan

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  12:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James, I love the details! They all add so much to the overall scenes. Great stuff.

Mark

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Mass 'town' signs are a great addition, they really set the locale (and era.)

dave

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2015 :  3:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like the last photo you posted, James. The cable guard rails and the shape of the town sign really caught my eye.

Chuck

Page: of 56 Previous Topic: West Allen Street and Thawne Topic Next Topic: An inventory challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000