Railroad Line Forums - Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3
Page: of 37

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  07:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've driven by a number of barns and livestock sheds over the years, but have never seen one like this, located near Fort Ann, NY.
Gregg

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  07:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greg,

If you are still in the area we love to have you stop over this afternoon.
We are only about 45 minutes from where you were yesterday in Ft Ann. I'll
send you a PM with my phone number and address.

Carl Laskey

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,

That is some barn! The original owner must have been prosperous. Besides the interesting design, that fancy woodwork and the slate roof go well beyound 'functional'!

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  5:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! that really is the most decorative barn I have ever seen.I would love to see an old photo of this gem,it's so sad to see such a beautiful structure fall into disrepair.Was there a farm house or should I say estate home that went with this grand old barn? Thanks for taking the time to photograph and post the photo's Gregg!

Chester
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  7:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow is right. What a fabulous barn! Very Dutch in design.

http://modelingin1-87.blogspot.com/

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  8:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!
That went right into my photo file. Definitely would like to try a build of that one.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  8:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is another very unique wood structure located on Rt2 near the New York border. So many great details to use from this one.

Gregg

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  8:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gregg,regarding the roof,Bruce referred to it as being a slate one,and at first glance I would have agreed with him.But upon viewing it a second time it actually appears to be a decorative metal roof can you confirm what it really is? And thanks again for posting this very interesting building. Oh ya one more thing Gregg did you by chance photograph the other/backside of this building and if so could you please let us see what it looks like?.Thanks again!

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  8:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker

Hey Gregg,regarding the roof,Bruce referred to it as being a slate one,and at first glance I would have agreed with him.But upon viewing it a second time it actually appears to be a decorative metal roof can you confirm what it really is? And thanks again for posting this very interesting building. Oh ya one more thing Gregg did you by chance photograph the other/backside of this building and if so could you please let us see what it looks like?.Thanks again!

Greg,

That barn roof is slate, although there is corragated metal covering the slate on the left side. I did not photograph the back side of the structure because there was no one around to ask permission to walk into the property. Perhaps I will get more lucky the next time I pass by.

Gregg

Here is a shot of a house located in Rutland, VT. I plan on duplicating this weathering/color combination on one of my structures. Should be quite a challenge.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  9:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg
WOW !!!!!
More food for thought then I can digest.
Peter

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  6:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg, your two last discoveries are amazing.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  7:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great structures indeed Greg, thanks for posting. This storefront definately has lots of interest and may appear in a thread near you shortly

Thanks,
Karl.A

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  7:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg,

Fabulous buildings!

belg
Fireman

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  07:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg, the rounded building will be perfect for scratchbuilding and to fit on a curve on the layout. Your finds are really great, thanks for sharing them. Pat

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  10:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrific photos Gregg! Thanks for posting them.

Page: of 37 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000