Railroad Line Forums - Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3
Page: of 37

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2015 :  12:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Santa Ysabel store still looks almost exactly the same. Here's a recent photo:

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2015 :  9:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came across this building on a trip to the Ocean State. Built in 1899. Look at the details on this. It was definitely built for a layout...in any scale...and easily customized to fit your theme..

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  08:12:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting looking building, Ted. If you build it it has to be visible from all sides to get the full effect.

George

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  09:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, the original has bee added to many times. It is actually a triangle/corner sort of of structure. The right hand side with the over hang and a very long lower added extension is the most fascinating part of the structure.. Why don't you take a crack at building a version of it...

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  10:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ted, 10 years ago, Bruce (Dutchman) made that challenge after posting a picture here. I took up the challenge and we both did a build of the building. http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8143

It's tempting, but I have too much on my plate right now. (I'm saving copies of the pictures)

George

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  8:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes George, I have seen that building and the thread. Keep in mind, the farmers almanac say's another long cold winter coming up.....(LOL).. . Won't hurt to keep busy...

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  8:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ted, I live in Tidewater Virginia, below the snow line.

George

Jeff G
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  04:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Ted. That building looks as if Art Curren scaled up one of his creations and plonked it down full-size on that bit of land. The mix of materials and styles, with zero regard for the original design definitely make it "modelgenic."

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  09:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jeff, modelgenic." I said the exact same thing to my wife in the car when we passed by this structure.

I abruptly made a U turn, and she asked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING..." I have to photograph that building, I replied. Luckily, there was a shady spot to park the car across the street.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2015 :  10:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is something for all you random stone lovers.. Your little dream cottage. What a great fun build this would be in balsa foam or plaster...

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  9:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to add some additional pics. They just won't go...oh well I'll try again tomorrow..

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  11:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Trying to add some additional pics. They just won't go...oh well I'll try again tomorrow..

Hey Ted,
Why don't you upload your pictures of your completed model? I'm Sure you must have already had a jump start on the next challenge with these gems!
Rich

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 08/31/2015 :  09:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted, fantastic.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2015 :  09:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rich and Frank, I have a bunch of DPM pieces I never used. I think I'll bash them together with wood and see if it will resemble the 1899 structure... Should be fun...

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 09/04/2015 :  09:08:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, calling this a "structure" is stretching it, but didn't know where else it might get posted since it's sort of one of a kind photo.

We haven't had rain here in awhile, fires along the right of way are a likely possibility. A detail like this might be a solution if you're like me and reached into your layout only to hear a 'CRAck'.
http://www.boredpanda.com/xxx-3/

Edited by - Bill Gill on 09/04/2015 09:18:38 AM

Page: of 37 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000