Railroad Line Forums - Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 146 ]  [ Total: 154 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Prototype Structures That Cry Out To Be Modeled-3
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3
Page: of 37

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  11:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bernd. I was born in NY....we moved to Ct
when I was 12...CT government is no better either.
Thanks for the additional facts on theses structures. I just love them....

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  11:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd, That is a great area. Buffalo to the west and Rochester to the east. Rt 19 runs North & South. NYS thruway smack in the middle...
It takes me back to when I was a little kid. My folks had a Gulf station and one of the first convenience stores for one summer up that way. They went broke and we wound up in Kingston for a while....This was in between railroad jobs on the NYC. My Mother loved to travel and explore. Dad would get reassigned, and we wind up somewhere new, until she waned travel again....But that's another entire chapter.....

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  07:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted,

Hey glad to be able to help out here. I'm digging for more info.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  12:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, more info. My contacts came through. Harold Russell wrote an article on the Leroy New York structure in the June 2010 Model Railroader. The building was a grain mill or something. I don't have any MR's past 2008. If somebody has this issue I'd like a copy if possible.

Bernd

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  12:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone is a subscriber, I think they can access
past issues on line...........

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  4:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hold the phones guys. That was the wrong issue. More info just got to me. One of my friends came through with flying colors.

The building was/is a small grain elevator. The name of the company was Beamer & Green Produce. The plans are in the September 1972 page 46 & 47 issue of Model Railroader. They were done by Harold Russell Jr.

And there seem to be kits available in HO, S & O scales. http://www.altoonamodelworks.net/Reamer%20&%20Green%20Produce.html

I have that issue of MR. As a matter of fact my MR issues start back in the early 60's to 2008.

Bernd

NOTE: Update. The drawings are in TT scale no less. Looks like I'm going to need to build this one then.

Edited by - Bernd on 07/25/2014 4:29:05 PM

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

I signed up today for what I though also that you can get what was in an issue. All they give you is the date and who wrote it, but nothing of the article itself. You either have to buy a copy or have someone copy it for you.

Bernd

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  8:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

quote:
Originally posted by quartergauger48

Bernd, I signed up for that same thing the other day.....I unsubscribed the next day....
I signed up today for what I though also that you can get what was in an issue. All they give you is the date and who wrote it, but nothing of the article itself. You either have to buy a copy or have someone copy it for you.

Bernd

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  8:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

Hold the phones guys. That was the wrong issue. More info just got to me. One of my friends came through with flying colors.

The building was/is a small grain elevator. The name of the company was Beamer & Green Produce. The plans are in the September 1972 page 46 & 47 issue of Model Railroader. They were done by Harold Russell Jr.

And there seem to be kits available in HO, S & O scales. http://www.altoonamodelworks.net/Reamer%20&%20Green%20Produce.html

I have that issue of MR. As a matter of fact my MR issues start back in the early 60's to 2008.

Bernd

NOTE: Update. The drawings are in TT scale no less. Looks like I'm going to need to build this one then.

Altoona makes great models. Their version is exactly like the real thing!.. Personally, bernd,
I like the one in Bergen for some reason. I think it's the small office in front. Looks like
many of my section houses....

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2014 :  11:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a brick wall in North Carolina. You don't
see too many like this anymore....

Download Attachment: aaaa1.jpg
116.19 KB

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 07/27/2014 11:35:40 PM

Quebec Central
New Hire

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  9:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Freight house in Nicolet,Quebec, Canada on the long gone Drummond county railroad (dcr)

side view-

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  1:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting industrial scene from WWII Baltimore, with structures that date to the 1890s or so: http://www.shorpy.com/node/18560?size=_original#caption That middle building in particular looks "modelable" :-)

I'm guessing though the gable building was part of a larger complex that has been revised. There's no obvious people entrance. The buildings to either side don't seem to be from the same architecture/facility. (I'd bet there was a yard where the buildings on the right are now.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  2:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, That is a very interesting photograph. For more then reason. April, 1943, the month and year my wife was born!!!! And yes a great model potential prospect. I wonder if the middle section was a freight terminal of some type originally???

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  3:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a new reface on an original 1800s building in Wakefield, RI, A building supply store that was redone
this August. It is on main street. It is exactly refurbished to look as it did when first constructed....This could be easily modeled.. Louis', have you seen this since it was refinished in August. It made the front page of the Narragansett Times'''....

Download Attachment: bswkfld.jpg
116.14 KB

Download Attachment: bswkdf2.jpg
144.13 KB

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 09/19/2014 5:33:41 PM

mark_dalrymple
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/19/2014 :  10:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A few of my favourites. All taken in Dunedin, New Zealand.

Cheers, Mark.

Page: of 37 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Dec. 2018 Modeling Year In Review Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 18 Interior Decoration Pt. 3  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000