Railroad Line Forums - SRM Wrisley Papers Western Mill
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: lewisoliver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SRM Wrisley Papers Western Mill
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: CV Model Trains Truss Bridge question Topic Next Topic: HO Scale Feight Depot
Page: of 13

danpickard
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  04:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit danpickard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
Congratulations on a superb looking diorama. As well as a beautiful structure, I must say thats some of the best looking white water I have seen modelled in a long time, as well as the bubbling wash of the flow after exiting the falls. A few tips on you water techniques would be great.

Dan Pickard

http://www.austnarrowgaugeconvention.com/

JBL
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  04:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Superb!
I cant decide whats more stunning, the structures or the scenery.
Thanks for showing.

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  04:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for showing the shots of your diorama. Simply outstanding work. Your craftsmanship and skills and almost beyond belief. Great work. Some of the best looking water that I've ever seen. Simply amazing.

John

belg
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  07:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gregg, You and Jim have definately created another beautiful piece of art, I was wondering since they sort of look like pie shaped pieces will they end up somewhat next to each other along a river? I wonder how many molds did you use for the rockface, and how did you color them?
Did you make any changes to your water methods since the last diorama? There are so many little things that make this such a stunning piece of work, the wire roots from the washed out tree, the scenes of workmen and many more. How does the flume relate to the scene?
Thanks so much for sharing your layout tips with us, Pat.

Quinn222
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  08:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another outstanding project. You bring everything together perfectly, there is no weak area. Every part of it compliments the others. Great work.

smason2
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  09:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you see what I miss when I sleep late for a change?

Gregg, fantastic job with Wrisley. Another wonderful addition to your layout.

Scott

Edited by - smason2 on 08/05/2007 11:34:08 AM

DaKra
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  09:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!!! That's really a great work of craftsmanship! I also like the landscape which is not flat like most.

I have a newbie question, and please don't take this the wrong way.

I noticed you've built it as a sort of module, not attached to a model railroad, so I'm just wondering what one does with a diorama such as this? How do you display it? Or is it for sale to a collector or a model railroader?

Again, not meant as any sort of criticism, genuine curiosity here!

Thanks!

Dave

jimmydeignan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  10:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit jimmydeignan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice job Gregg - Tell JL I said the same to him as well!
BTW: I'm working on your .com project today! Talk with you soon & say 'ello to Shauna.
Jimmy

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HotShot

Bravo!

Breath taking work.

Thanks. Jim and I are very pleased with the results. Our goal was to try to outdo our Thorndike efforts. I'm not sure we did, but we at least matched it. A very satisfying feeling.

Gregg

smason2
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GreggW

quote:
Originally posted by HotShot

Bravo!

Breath taking work.

Thanks. Jim and I are very pleased with the results. Our goal was to try to outdo our Thorndike efforts. I'm not sure we did, but we at least matched it. A very satisfying feeling.

Gregg

Hard to believe Gregg, but I think you succeeded!

Scott

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texarado RR

Gregg and Jim,
I admit I have been but a shadow lurker on this forum absorbing all the knowledge that I can from ?masters? that are far better at this skill than me, but viewing this master piece, this breathtaking vista ?.. I feel as though I am standing on the banks looking up at a piece of heaven. JOB WELL DONE!!! Some how falls short of how I truly feel. This is my first post and after a year of lurking it is time for me to say something ?? WOW I am completely awe struck. I have been to many abandoned mills and stood on their banks looking back, ? your depiction makes me feel as though I am there without ever leaving my home ?..Thank you!!! As stated earlier JOB WELL DONE!!! You both have ever reason to be proud, and guilty, you have now raised the bar for every other modeler on the boards.
Thank you again, I feel as though I am stand there.

Wow. Thanks for your many kind comments. I too was a lurker for a couple years, looking, learning and enjoying the talents of this group. These folks are very supportive, so you should feel free to comment, ask questions and exchange ideas. I am sure you will enjoy the interaction as much as I do.

Yes, I also have worked in many mills, old and new and understand that feeling you describe of sitting on the bank and looking up. Here is one more shot.

Thanks again,

Gregg

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg
Out do your first effort ... hard to do but you surely equaled it.
Peter

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reddevildemo

I can honestly say that in my 41 years I have not seen anything so beutiful as this work. Your water is.......beyond belief. Just AWESOME!

Thank you for sharing this. I now have an even bigger goal to reach after seeing these scenes.

Thank you. I enjoy modeling these SRM water related kits. There is so much you can do with them. Here is another shot showing the water flowing out of the mill and from the flume down the side drainage.

Gregg

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danpickard

Gregg,
Congratulations on a superb looking diorama. As well as a beautiful structure, I must say thats some of the best looking white water I have seen modelled in a long time, as well as the bubbling wash of the flow after exiting the falls. A few tips on you water techniques would be great.

Dan Pickard

Dan,

Thanks. I used the same techniques I described in the Thorndike thread, which starts roughly on this page:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16781&whichpage=4
Here are a couple close up shots of the white water.

Thanks again,
Gregg

simon1966
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit simon1966's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is so darned hot here in St. Louis today< I just want to join in on the rope swing and bask in that cool refreshing water.

Page: of 13 Previous Topic: CV Model Trains Truss Bridge question Topic Next Topic: HO Scale Feight Depot  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000