Railroad Line Forums - Welcome to the Vehicle forum
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Welcome to the Vehicle forum
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 41 Plymouth Flat Bed conversion Topic Next Topic: Ole Bills: Part 2  

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to welcome everyone to the new Vehicle Forum.

Railroad-Line is a model railroading forum and while vehicles by themselves are important this forum would be for display and construction threads for any vehicle commonly found on a model railroad layout.

Those include automobiles, trucks, boats, air planes, construction equipment, tractors, wagons, etc.

Basically any vehicle that would be used for hauling passengers and/or freight except trains.

I would hope that those who display their work would also give information about how they have crafted their vehicle.

Dioramas are also a very nice way to display your models.

So "Gentlemen start your engines" and begin posting your vehicles.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Chuck Doan
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  4:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, John! Good idea.

CD

Comstock Carshops
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  12:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Comstock Carshops's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx goes out to those involved for creating this new forum I will start with some of my non rail vehicles.

Download Attachment: big wheel log hauler.jpg
16.28 KB

Download Attachment: high wheel lumber wagon.JPG
50.96 KB

Download Attachment: carson lombard logging tractor.JPG
25.75 KB

Download Attachment: skied logging sleigh.jpg
9.2 KB

Download Attachment: solid wheel log truck.jpg
11.15 KB

Download Attachment: steam donkey.JPG
77.78 KB

Download Attachment: virginia city hearse.JPG
73.66 KB

essodee
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  2:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,

Interesting array of one-of-a-kind type lumber moving vehicles you show there. I love the one with the huge wheels drawn by the horses.

Your photos are only about 15 KB in size. It'd be nicer if you could show them at the normal RR-L size of about 80 KB. There is a program listed in the 'RR-L Posting Thread' called Xn View which is recommended for re-sizing photos for posting here.

Stevie O'

Comstock Carshops
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  01:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Comstock Carshops's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx Steve, I will hunt for the Xn View program and give it a try. I guess I automatically resize my photos down, since so many other sites have space issues and complain about using large pix.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  09:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Comstock Carshops

Thanx Steve, I will hunt for the Xn View program and give it a try. I guess I automatically resize my photos down, since so many other sites have space issues and complain about using large pix.

Rick,
Here is a thread from Railroad-Line that allows you to download XnView for free and also explains how to use it.
Hope this helps.
XnView is not the only free program for resizing pictures but it works and I have been using it for years.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

TrainClown
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  12:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to those who set up this new forum. It interests me. I'll be posting here soon.

Christopher

Clowning around with trains.

Previous Topic: 41 Plymouth Flat Bed conversion Topic Next Topic: Ole Bills: Part 2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000