Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 43 ]  [ Total: 51 ]  [ Newest Member: CURMUDGEON ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary leftovers build. Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Page: of 100

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  10:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks James!

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  12:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike, long time nothing new hope you get the 1:1 things squared away and get back to the modeling scene.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  9:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frank, I'm working on it!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  5:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had planned to do part 4 out in the hallway next but for some reason decided to do part 5 next instead, no I don't know why.
Anyway part 5 is adding a staging yard to the east end of the layout so I can turn the temporary staging yard into scenery and have a higher capacity (in tracks and cars) staging yard to boot.
The first pic is where the original yard was.

The next two pics show the new staging area to be.

Mike

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  5:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been out of touch with RR-Line happenings. Good to see some progress. No progress on my layout. Been distracted by a part time job hauling railroad crews and life and family happening. Hard for me to think about hobby stuff with everything that's going on in the world.
L&N Nut
Jon

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2015 :  6:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to respond to a comment on the previous page. My "eagle eyes" only work at six to eight inches away with my glasses off and anything any further away is a total blur. I can't even find my glasses if I lay them down somewhere due to blurry nearsighted vision. You can send some cars to Copperhill by way of Murphy Junction(near Blue Ridge GA).
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2015 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry you are not getting any playtime Jon, hope things improve for you soon.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  3:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the track is glued down and wired and working. The dummy track on the left is for storing cars not in use for the session or part of the session. As the second picture shows I now have 5 square feet of new space for scenery!

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 09/15/2015 :  9:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice to see you working on the layout again.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  10:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK Mike lets get to the scenery.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  11:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Mike! So what plans do you have for this new found real estate?

Mark

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  5:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catt I figured you would say "about time Mike!" I'll get right on it Frank. Mark just more rural scenery so there is more distance between the staging yard and Tellico so I hopefully will get the feeling the train came from somewhere and is going somewhere. I'm trying to get away from the loco is in one town while the caboose still hasn't cleared the last town syndrome.

Mike

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  7:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another push from a fellow N-scaler

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2015 :  8:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK!
"about time Mike"

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/21/2015 :  5:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got the backboard up on the layout. No backdrop yet, have to order more. Put up a safety board along the edges of the staging yard so nothing will hit the floor I hope. Started blocking up some land forms on the layout section. Someone asked me how I was going to get to my workbench with the yard in the way. The end of the yard that attaches to the layout slides over two bolts and is held tight with two nuts that are just finger tight. Remove them and pop the two prong wire connector apart and the whole thing slides right off. Takes less than two minutes to remove and replace.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 09/21/2015 5:16:37 PM

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary leftovers build. Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000