Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2
Page: of 101

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  8:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GREAT shot!

-Cody

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2013 :  09:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  1:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a HO mat that is supposed to represent field grass. However it's too tall for a N scale pasture as you can see by the cow on the left. The cow on the right had her field shaved with a electric razor to give the grass a more realistic height. Not sure what this will do to the long term life of my razor but as we all know the layout is far more important then the razor is!

Mike

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  6:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike;
You can buy replacement cutter heads for most electric razors for quite a bit less than a whole new razor. You could have one the cuter head you already used on the layout for the layout and a new one for your face.
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  08:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the type that you use for trimming breads and mustatches, not for actually shaving. You can buy them new for $20 and this one is at least 10 years old Jon so no real loss if it does mess it up.

Mike

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  7:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it might be visually interesting if you leave some patches of tall grass.
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  10:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon I agree, it's a pasture not a lawn.

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it might be visually interesting if you leave some patches of tall grass.

Jon beat me to it.I was just going to suggest that you leave some long like maybe next to the fence the farmer installed to keep the cows from becoming railkill.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  3:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have heard the expression "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" ? Cows must believe it as the grass under and just on the other side of the fence seems to be the grass they eat first.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 02/07/2013 3:43:31 PM

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  8:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too true. Too true.
L&N nut
Jon

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  8:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you considering barbed wire? It seems like I remember some new products for it.
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  9:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah but it's going to be a few weeks before I'll order it.

Mike

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  11:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really great to see you back at the layout, I like the idea you have of building in sections, got me thinking.
I bet it feels good being back at the layout as well as playing with the photography, I've learned so much with my new camera.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  08:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lynn and yes it's great to be back at work on it. The reason for building in sections is so if I ever move it will too and I won't have to take a chain saw to it.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2013 :  4:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on the ridge in the middle of the section. It's 3 inches high but only about 1.5 inches deep so a problem to scenic and get any depth to it.

Mike

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Help with z scale track Topic Next Topic: Eastern Shore Railroad in N Gauge; Take 2  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000