Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 11 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: jmart4173 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy
Page: of 102

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  10:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea. My property where I live in McDonald(Bradley County) Tenessee borders the Southern Railway line between Chattanooga, TN and Knoxville, TN.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I would bump this back up and in doing so it might inspire me to get off my a** and get back to work on it! We will see.

Mike

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  07:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, good idea! Get back to work! Maybe you'll inspire me!

Joe <><

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  10:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So - do you feel inspired yet? Do you?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  1:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"So - do you feel inspired yet? Do you?

Not yet!

"Yeah, good idea! Get back to work! Maybe you'll inspire me!

Well at least some good would have come from the bump then!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a busy year so far but I'm determined to get back to work on the layout. The building I've been working on needs lights (never have lit a layout before so I have nothing on hand ) and I've used that as an excuse for why I haven't been working on the layout. Well today I ending up in a different county where they have a Radio Shack and picked up several different kinds of the smallest 12 volt bulbs they had. So now I'm outta excuses . We will see if this gets me going in the right direction again, I'm getting tired of people asking me how my diorama is coming along .

Mike

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  9:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  10:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geez, for a minute I thought you might also be changing scales over to On30 after reading Eddie's post.

Glad to see the thread back in action.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  06:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah John, I have noticed that quite a few people have changed scales in the last year or two. I did look at On30 about a year ago but it's just toooooooooo large for the room I have to work in. Choice of scale isn't what is slowing me down, lack of motivation is . I get this way from time to time, usually it passes and I get back to modeling again.

Mike

jatravia
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  9:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't think I'd ever change scales.

Joe <><

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  10:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only scale change that I have been temped with is G scale Garden railroad. You don't need any space indoors for that and I have five acres outdoors. But I won't be doing anyting with G scale untill I fix some cars and pickups that are in the yard. My seven year old daughter helped me pick out all these lovely smilies. yea.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  07:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your daughter has good taste Jon! I have looked at garden railroading also, while I have 5 acres as well it is mountain land and I fear the cost of putting in the right-of-way would be to expensive.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  11:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am making progress on the lighting project , however the batteries went dead in the camera and I have no spares so this one pic will have to do for now. I will try to get to town tomorrow and pick some up.

This little lighting project has been a real learning pain-in-the-a** , the first problem is this building has been used on 3 layouts (counting this one) and has been built and rebuilt and at no time was lighting ever part of the equation. It is amazing how many different places light can leak thru on one building! From now on when I build a building I will build it as if I'm going to light it even if I never do!

After I spent all that time putting all those window panes in I was a little that in normal room light you had a hard time telling they were even in there, however they can be seen a lot better under the lights so now I feel better about doing it.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 07/20/2007 11:12:12 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got new batteries for the camera, but alas no new photo skills. My night photography pretty much sucks. I think a better camera that has manual settings so I could hold the shutter open longer might help also. Anyway this is where I'm at with this building. It still needs to be "planted" on the layout and needs a few more little details and some minor touch-ups but is pretty much done.

Mike

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And looks pretty good too!
-Cody

Page: of 102 Topic Next Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000