Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 113 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy Topic Next Topic: NNY RR
Page: of 99

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  07:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work Mike!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  09:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don, I think they use truck-sized vacuum cleaners to empty them now. So no place to dump it is OK in the modern era, anomalous before maybe 1970?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  5:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They don't always dump em', the furniture plant in town has one sitting on a flat roof and somehow after it had sucked up all the dust from the planers it was the sent to the furnace. Most of the entire complex was heated that way.
Thanks Rhett!

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  6:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

I can't agree with Jon more when he said "That spot looks like it was made for it." Very nice indeed!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work Mike.

As you think, so will you be.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  9:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

Mike

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  12:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Always like seeing quality N scale work, great job.

Dave

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  1:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  1:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got my windows glazed and as you can see N scale windows are so small if the light doesn't hit them just right you can't tell. Bruce was worried that if a car got away on the pallet company siding it would go right across the alley and into the side of Tellico Gap Trading Post so I made a stop with a couple of pieces of railroad iron and an old tie. Also got some of the chainlink fence in.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  1:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmm, I need to straighten some of the barbwire on top of the fence and fill a gap or two under it. Darn those close-up photos!

Mike

HurleyStation
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  08:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree but the barbed wire isn't bad, I've seen it like that and with the chainlink tubing bent and mangled. The fencing on the bottom does look a bit high. Truth is photos show stuff that you would not ever see or notice viewing it with the human eye. My wife complains about my digital camera. She claims it shows to many flaws I don't know what flaws she could be referring to? She is now even more wonderful and beautiful than when we married

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  08:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I like the wood bumper that you made and the fencing looks great (with the touch ups you intend to make.) As Rhett said, the barbed wire is quite prototypical as is. In fact, you could drape a branch from that tree over the sagging part of the barbed wire and call it done.

What did you use for the barbed wire?

quote:
Originally posted by HurleyStation

My wife complains about my digital camera. She claims it shows to many flaws I don't know what flaws she could be referring to? She is now even more wonderful and beautiful than when we married

Well said, Rhett!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  12:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
let me jump on the leave the bent barbed wire bandwagon.
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  3:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Bruce Gold Metal Models makes it, it is etched stainless steel. They are usually found in the super detailing parts section of the Walthers catalog. I do plan on straighting and lowering the fence some but the wire will probably still be a little bit bent up.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  3:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was getting tired of landscaping the pallet company so I went on a side quest. Unlike the furniture company which can only be seen from the track side Macon Pallet's truck loading docks and parking lot as well as the alley and road in are clearly visible so I wanted some company vehicles. If you can't read the MPC on the doors don't feel bad, they are a #4 font and the whole sign is 1/8th inch high by 5/32nds long.

Mike

Page: of 99 Previous Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy Topic Next Topic: NNY RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 2.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000