Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 55 ]  [ Total: 59 ]  [ Newest Member: hardcoalcase ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: paper structures Topic Next Topic: Lineside Models ??
Page: of 104

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  4:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tyson, I used to work in a pallet factory. it was in an old mine shop building, any medium sized warehouse will do. All you need on the outside is the dust collection system and wood storage. We had a rack by one door on the end with a hole in the wall to shove cants in, and ablower on the side feeding the sawdust trailor. The finished pallets went out the other end to the trucks.

Mark

W,L,&E

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  7:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark, I do want it to resemble the ones on the Murphy branch if at all possible.

Mike

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  02:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike;
Some Pallet mills I have seen look just like sawmills.
L&N nut
Jon

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, there's a local pallet company located down in North Kansas City in the old 'garment district.' All of the buildings down there are old brick manufacturing and warehousing structures, most of them 3-6 stories high. A lot of DPM's brick structures look very similar to these, including the one Pioneer Pallet Co. occupies. I don't know if they're available in the N scale version or not, but "Cutting's Scissor Co." or "C. Smith Packing House" might match the size and shape of what you were trying to achieve with your kitbash project - and they could feasibly house a pallet manufacturer/shipper. Just a thought.....

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  3:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys but none of those things resemble the ones around here. They were woodframe and rather small with the office ( a very small wood building) being a seperate structure. I was looking thru the Walthers catalog and Northeastern's box and crate factory might be a possibility.

Mike

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  4:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
Not sure what the real structure looks like but is the one you are talking about from Northeastern.

The only other one I found was this one from American Model Builders in N scale.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Edited by - Bbags on 01/27/2010 4:46:26 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first one John, the second one is way too big and fancy for around these parts!

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe it is time to hit the Evergreen Styrene rack,and then the Tichy windows and doors.

The embarassing part is your failures look better than some of my sucesses.

When you going to post some of these great modeling pictures on the NARA forum?

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  2:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catt I changed puters way back and never did re-enter the addy, I'll put that on my to-do list!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 05/20/2010 :  5:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a longgggggggg time in posting, but as I said in my darkside thread there has been too much 1 to 1 stuff. Things are calming down some now and I hope to get back on it soon. I need to order some stuff and I think this weekend might be just the right time to sit down and make out the orders for this and the darkside as well.

Mike

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  09:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
From someone who has also not posted that frequently in the last few months I am looking forward to some progress on the layout.

Maybe that will motivate me to get back in the swing of things.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeez, way to put the pressure on me John!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2010 :  11:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O.K., still no time for modeling at home however some progress has been made. I will be needing a fair amount of Southern flatcars for my pulpwood fleet and was able to purchase some from LandNnut (Jon Gearhart) along with some Seaboard boxcars. How soon I will get around to installing the bulkheads and loads remains to be seen...................

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  2:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The NM's ol' engine house was built around 1903, the oldest pic we had in the company files was this one taken in 1923:

So it was no suprise when 45 years after this photo was taken that the furnace decided to call it quits in a big way!

Guess management will have to look into one of those new fangled (for 1968) steel buildings.

Mike

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  2:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing for insurance

Page: of 104 Previous Topic: paper structures Topic Next Topic: Lineside Models ??  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000