Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  08:39:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ken,
That is great news on the job front, congratulations.

Mike, I bet it does feel good to get your masters behind you. I look forward to seeing progress on your RR then.

Bruce, I will look it up on Harsco thread, thanks.

Mark, All I can say is that the refinery is kind of like Texas, takes up lots of territory. It also takes a bunch of brass.
I need to take better photos and post the progress of the refinery in the other thread.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  10:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm with Mark on his comments. That is an amazing amount of work.

Chuck

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice containers. Sure puts everything at your finger tips.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  9:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, 6" PVC pipe is almost 6 3/4 in Dia. Would that work? Check your in box.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/07/2011 :  03:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your work on this refinery, Tim. The brass pipe stand is a great model. And your out of scrap addition is very nice too. It looks a bit clean, though, in its pure whiteness. Does it still have to be weathered or are there such tidy corners in refineries (a place I really don't know but that I imagine relatively dirty - maybe wrongly)?

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  11:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gosh yes I am still kicking.... I was talking to one of the Tuesday night gang and they informed me about the lag in posting. Honestly time seems to be going by faster and faster.

Much has been done on the RR and I need to take some photos and share the work on this wonderful forum. I do miss the suggestions and input I have received here, and hope to be more active in the upcoming months.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  11:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim! Your back! I was wondering whatever happened to you. I do miss your updates and the seeing the progress on your fantastic layout. I can't wait to see the updates. Glad to hear all is well and welcome back.

Mark

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  11:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What Mark said.

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  06:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you are O.K. Tim, looking forward to badly overdue updates!

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  09:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a current project that we are just getting started on. The twin towers in this photo at the Devils Slide cement plant in Wyoming.

We will be building the rest of the structures you see over the next few months but we have to start somewhere and this is it.
The neat thing about these twin towers is the connecting platform above and the nut bolt castings that can be used at the bottom. I am hoping to turn them on the lathe tonight.

I don't have a complete photo fo the top of the towers so we will improvise there.

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should be fun to watch. What will you be using to turn the towers out of Tim?

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  1:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good question Wes,
What normally happens is that I look around for some scrap material and that is what I use. However with that said I will not use Oak or a real grainy wood as it is to hard to get a real smooth finish.
I have been experimenting with solid plastic cutoffs and that is quite interesting.

The answer is, will have to wait and see. I was told early on in amateur turning class to never tell anyone what you were making until your done. I know for certain that is good advice. I have turn large blanks thinking I will have a nice bowl and end up a small goblet or a toothpick

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  3:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What!!!!!!! No progress pics yet?

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 09/28/2011 3:12:30 PM

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  5:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim. Good to see you posting again. The forum is just not the same without your valuable contributions

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.82 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000