Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 72 ]  [ Total: 73 ]  [ Newest Member: HolmesELP ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  5:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had missed your rotating steps, Tim. It's certainly a great addition.

railbuilderdhd
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,
I've so impressed with your empire. I can only image what it's cost you to build such a beautiful empire. It's like a work of art with so much going on. I can't even think of what it's cost for track alone. Thanks for taking the time to share with us and keep up the great work. To have so much built and going in at the same time. Do you have help building the empire?
Dave

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave
Money and model railroading should never be discussed in the same breath. Who knows how and when it will come back to haunt us.
Peter

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  09:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Frederic, The steps work really well and are lifted up and down with one foot. There is a thread somewhere on the building of these steps, I just can't locate it. My inspiration came one day while I was listening to the sermon in church and looking down at the kneelers. Perhaps I was not listening that close.

Dave, Peter is right, we try not to talk money.... However I have been at this layout for almost 20 years, this is the 3rd interation. When I started it was pretty well a one man show, but over the years a work crew has emerged and now come out every Tuesday night to help. I would of never built such a layout if it wasn't for the support and help of others. For me the hobby is a large part of our lives with family, and friends. It's also been a great stress reliever over the years as well.
I am glad you like it and I hope that the best is still yet to come.

railbuilderdhd
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  3:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand how we don't talk about the money aspect of the hobby but when I see such fine detail work all over and track going on and on I can't help but bring it up as I'm impressed at what fine work has been done and what a great empire has been built. I'm not talking just hobby items as well as wall-to-wall carpet - wow nice job guys. Maybe one day I'll et room for an empire and if I do I'll not want to talk about hte money ;-)
Thanks for opening your doors to us all. You should be proud of what you've done.
Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  3:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i have spent the last few hours reading this post from cover to cover
and all i can say is "HOLY COWPIES!!!!!!! THIS RILROAD IS AWSOME"
tim, you did a hell of a job!
is their any updates on the railroad empire?
again very nice job, and thanks for posting them great pics

any videos on you tube yet??????

dave

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  12:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind remarks. There has been some progress made but I haven't taken any photos to speak of. I will continue to update the thread as before whne I complete a few projects.

I have never posted antyhing to You-Tube but it sounds like a fun thing to do sometime.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  12:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, good to hear from you.
It's been too long, you must be very busy with work and other 1:1 stuff.
As always, I look forward to seeing pics of your layout.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  2:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick,

The 1:1 stuff is taking up my time more than I want it to. You have to do what you have to do.

Haven't had much time on the forum but it is great to see it going strong.

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  2:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,
Good to read your posts again.
I was about to send you a PM/e-mail to see why you had not been around for a while.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  3:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you are still alive and kicking Tim, hope to see more on your awesome layout soon!

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  3:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tim,

I was getting a little worried also. Good to at least hear a peep from you Hope your doing well.

In memory of Mike Chambers

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  01:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tim! Glad to see this wonderful thread, and you resurface! I can't wait to see what you've been up to. I'm sure your version of 'some progress' will impress many.

Mark

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  12:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any updates, Tim? Its been six months or so since you've posted on this thread, I was just wondering. :~)

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  9:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

WOW you are right, it has been 6 months. I have taken some time off this summer. I have been making progress lately though but am lazy about taking photos and writing. One of these days I will kick back in and start posting more.

How are things going in Michigan, if I recall you took on a new teaching job?

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000