Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  08:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tim,

Thanks for the additional photos of the dirt road, it's another fantastic scene on your layout.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  10:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This scene with the dirt road and the train passing the lights, plus the poles, plus the magnificent sky in the distance, is really wonderful, Tim.

Brunton
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  11:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brunton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your layout makes me homesick, Tim!

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim
Beautiful scene and nice to see you back at the railroad again.
Peter

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  6:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great scene and the roadway is topnotch. Where might I ask did you get the telephone poles from?

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  7:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for the nice comments and now that colder weather is approaching, there just might be some progress.

Lynn, The telephones are by Rix products. I buy the ones that you have to paint the insulators, not the clear ones. I like them because they look prototypical to my RR and you can make them into all kinds of configurations easily.

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  7:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Kerkhoff

Thanks guys for the nice comments and now that colder weather is approaching, there just might be some progress.

Lynn, The telephones are by Rix products. I buy the ones that you have to paint the insulators, not the clear ones. I like them because they look prototypical to my RR and you can make them into all kinds of configurations easily.

Thanks Tim I'lllook them up for the poles. I know what you mean about whether turning cold pushing\pulling us into the RR room.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  4:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At last some progress on some scenery is being made.

The bridge is modeled after the prototype as it resides west of Green River Wyoming. I show prototype photos later, if it comes out okay.

The cardboard strips are a pretty fast way of making the land forms in an open grid.

This bridge was used as a vehicle bridge as well, that is why the styrene is inserted between the tracks.

The bridges are made from the Atlas bridge kit, the bents, bridge suports, piping, and angle bracing are scratch built. The weathering follows the prototype.

Better photos to come when I get the tripod back.

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  5:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh boy...Tim's got an update

Nice looking bridge Can't wait to see the other pics.

In memory of Mike Chambers

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  6:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bridge is nice, Tim. I agree with you about the use of cardboard strips to create the landform. It is by far my favorite method.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  6:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim
The bridge and bents look great but the concrete an d rust is right on the money. The genesis of a another wonderful scene.
Peter

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  7:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Tim!

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  8:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with all, very nice weathering

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  8:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is another project that is being worked on at the same time. It is starting to come together and I will post better photos later. It is a doubled up Lime company from Sheepscot models.

The base is baltic birch plywood and the whole diorama will mount directly into the layout.

So its official modeling season is back in session. Of course once all the leaves, bushes and yad work is done for the winter.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  10:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000