Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  01:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting those pics of your CTC panel Tim. Simply outstanding! As I mentioned before, I am getting into the thick of a similar project on a layout here and can appreciate the efforts you have gone through to accomplish what is shown above. I can only hope what I come up with looks, and operates, only half as good!

Mark

Quinn222
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  06:11:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your entire layout is just beautiful Tim, I'm enjoying all the updates. I have to admit however that had you posted a photo of that control panel before I started my layout I might never have started. I can't even tell what any of the indicators mean much less how one would make such a thing!

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  06:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife thanks you... she says the only time I am speechless is when I'm looking at photos of your great work. I AM speechless, again!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

That control panel is phenomenal. I wish we lived closer so I could attend the clinic.

Bruce

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  08:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats Tim on the continuing evolution along your layout! The newer areas are just as spectacular and that control panel is simply outstanding!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  10:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, I never get tired of seeing pictures of your layout. Thanks for all the new ones.

Your control panel looks like it would be right at home in Houston at mission control, tracking space shots. Great job!

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  10:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I cannot recall the individuals that wanted to see the CTC panel but I hope its what they were looking for. Gosh that has been a year ago. Gawd I am getting old.

Christina, I am like you, I didn't know what all those buttons and knobs did either. I am not sure I do yet. However you are welcome to come over and be a dispatcher if you like. I know you would do better than I.

Bruce, I wish we lived closer to as I would like to see your RR, better yet operate on it. Sometime when Bonnie and you are traveling through to MI, we need to get together. I am a mere 4 1/2 hours away from Detroit. Actually closer to the way you must go on the Interstate.

When it comes to the clinic I am looking forward to giving it as long as know one ask any questions. I am no expert on all the rules of CTC operation.

Mike, this might give me a way to make a few extra dollars for the hobby budget. I need to talk to your wife...lol

Stevie, Don't forget I have a dedicated crew that helps out on Tuesday nights. This no doubt is one of the biggest motivators in making progress. If I don't keep moving along they will burn me at the stake or something.

Dan I am happy you found the thread, I am hoping to post more pictures of scenry and backdrop before to long. Of course that is to show more signals that are installed and working.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look.

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  7:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome Tim, Boy I can't wait till I inherit it.

Mike J

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  7:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gads, Tim! I looked at the photos of your CTC panel and the backside and had almost the same reaction as Rick. I thought I was looking at part of NASA's Mission Control Center or one of the control panels at Kennedy. I have no idea what most of that stuff does, but it's beautifully designed and installed.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  11:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike's

It might actually work better in a NASA center. There was a few hours spent in wiring etc. I still need to program 2/3 of it. I am dragging my feet on that task until I get most of the signals in. Then I will tackle that. My guess is that with my programming skills NASA might have satellites fall out of space. I always wanted to see the Hubell telescope up close and personal.

Hey Mark, If I can help in anyway on your CTC panel task, just let me know.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  11:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trussman

Hey Mark, If I can help in anyway on your CTC panel task, just let me know.

Sure! Pack your bags. I'm waiting!

Mark

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  9:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about an update.... its been a while and steady progress has been made. There is a series of photos of different signals around the layout. Most are wired and working but need to be programmed into the dispatch panel.

Putting signals on the layout is taking more time that I thought, but I hope it will be worth it in the end.

Enjoy!

Yes even some working semaphores.

Mark, you are going to wait until I get further along.

Thanks for looking.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

Have faith. You know that all the time and effort that you and the crew are putting into the signals will definitely be worth it in the end.

Bruce

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great progress, Tim! That passenger train passing the tower with the three signals is just a cool shot!

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  10:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All your hard work on those signals (and of course everything else you've been working on...) will certainly pay off in the end. Heck, I can see dividens already!

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000