Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 51 ]  [ Total: 52 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some photos of details in place along the main lines. I am not 100% sure the exact location of these parts need to be, but I think I am close.
What do you think? Add, subtract, placement, etc.

Instrument shed, Call box, Electric switch motor, & battery box are visible in these photos. The signal on the left is an Oregon style and the one on the right is ISS style hood. I just noticed that the hoods are painted different.

Relay boxes, switch motor, and my little signal maintainer, no he is not taking a leak.

Different angle of view.

The little switch motors have a lot of detail. Of course you have to assemble them.

I hope you enjoy!

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, Tim, that looks great! No suggestions as to placement - looks right to me. Question - who makes the switch motors?

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  1:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great just the way it is, Tim. I had to laugh, 'cause when I first looked at the signal maintainer I thought he was taking a leak, then I read your comment. Gave me a good chuckle.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

jknapp
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit jknapp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim....as usual, it looks real good!

Hey, I was going through the old "Gritty" thread today and saw you had built that kit. Did you ever get it incorporated into your layout? If so, any pictures?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  4:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

All those details add a lot to the scene. I think that the placment looks 'typical'. Oh, and I think that you will need to place, on a card near the scene, your disclaimer about the guy relieving himself , or everyone will jump to the other conclusion.

Bruce

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  4:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Al, Most if not all pats are made by Detail West. The switch motor is 235-903 http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/235-903

They make a whole host of neat detail parts.

Mike and Bruce, When I placed the figure in front of the relay door I thought the same thing. Will see what happens as visitors pick up on the scene. I made the relay box door partially open, but not enough so that I had to detail the inside. Sometimes a mini scene comes with surprises.

BTW Bruce those switch motor stands would look sharp, next to the double crossover you have. 4 of them

John, I have not posted final photos of Grittys yet. I need to finalize a few things and then post them. Thanks for the reminder.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  5:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are a few close ups.

This might be a better shot of my signal maintainer at work.

Installed last night, and waiting for the mastic to dry. These are searchlight signals that match the prototype. Triple head on the left and double on the right.

Signal bridge with UP style hooded heads.

essodee
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  5:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

What an incredible array of signals and devices on such a gorgeous pike. It overwhelms me every time I see another photo.

BTW, in the previous group of photos, you have an outstanding bit of trackage, namely a curved crossover. I have never seen that modeled before and yours is so beautifully done.

Have fun in Orlando. But keep in touch with us here in the frost zone.

Stevie O'D

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  12:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, it just keeps getting better and better. Those details look great and that signal bridge is going to look simply awesome when it's lit up! Nice work!

Mark

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Impressive to say the least!!!

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  9:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its been a couple weeks and work continues right along on building and installing signals. However to make things more interesting Vicotr is back at it working on the backdrop in the Laramie area. As you can see, I only provide him with the most comfortable things to crawl up on. That would kill my back.

Here are a couple of shots in the early stages. I talked to Victor about doing some posting on the forum, but I need your help.

This is actually Sinclair, Wyoming. Where Victor is laying and the to the right and left of him goes a large refinery that I want to scratchbuild. It should be fun.

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  9:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim
What next look's great.
Carl.

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  9:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, I think all of us would like to have Victor post on the forum, but only if he doesn't stop painting your backdrops.

In memory of Mike Chambers

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  10:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trussman

Its been a couple weeks and work continues right along on building and installing signals. However to make things more interesting Vicotr is back at it working on the backdrop in the Laramie area. As you can see, I only provide him with the most comfortable things to crawl up on. That would kill my back.

Here are a couple of shots in the early stages. I talked to Victor about doing some posting on the forum, but I need your help.

This is actually Sinclair, Wyoming. Where Victor is laying and the to the right and left of him goes a large refinery that I want to scratchbuild. It should be fun.

Tim,
Again another beautiful scene.
Why do you need our help it is us that need Victors help.
Although I would imagine that he has talent than many of us can only dream of having.

I see an what looks to be an earpiece and wonder if he listens to music or to you giving him direction as he paints.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  11:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark and Tyson, I did not see your earlier post.

Thanks Carl, Ken and John,

John,
I think the earpiece might be so he doesn't have to listen to me.,

Stay tune, as we are making progress.

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000