Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 226 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rick Posted - 01/12/2021 : 3:44:35 PM
I screwed up big time guys.
I accidentally deleted the lounge.
Sorry.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
k9wrangler Posted - 04/11/2021 : 12:44:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Good morning,

I managed to slice my right ring finger to the bone on a vegetable slicer. I didn't go for stitches which I hope was not dumb.

have fun,
mike

Superglue, half sheet paper towel and masking tape....fixes everything short of an amputation...add a shot of: -insert favorite adult beverage- for that.

OUCH!!
k9wrangler Posted - 04/11/2021 : 12:38:48 PM
TomO, mine doesn’t do honey do lists. I won’t read them.
TRAINS1941 Posted - 04/11/2021 : 12:21:30 PM
Mike are you having problems with cutting yourself? Be more careful and I would see a Dr. just in case of infection!!
tloc Posted - 04/11/2021 : 11:13:14 AM
Good morning from wet Wisconsin. Thanks Rick for pushing this day forward.

Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, watched the movies. Enjoyable. I did read the Harry Potter books and thought they were great. The movies followed very close to the books and again I thought were excellent.

Electricity is wonderful thanks Karl for the reminder. No email yet from the Tech guy. The son arrived yesterday flying through the rains we had yesterday. His house has sold and the lawyers will handle the closing tomorrow. He has PODS filled and are being stored in the hangar. He had planned on moving in with the g/f but he says he will be staying at the hangar. I have to hear this story! He has land east of Austin and west of Bastrop that he is having septic and well being added. Another comment out of the blue. He and I will talk today, he was tired last night when he got here.

Mike, not a cool thing. You need those digits for modeling. Glad you seem ok but yes watch for infection.

Jerry, you may not be quick but the mill looks great in the build thread. Karl, Twisters is a game so stay away from the real ones. Seen a couple but thankfully far enough away. Frightening.
Larryc, I have clubs n my area but they seem clichess and not interested in older members. The forums are my club.

Question? How can a person be gone, no name mentioned, 3.5 months come home and 2 fricking days later have a honey do list. Has to be in the female genetics as I am baffled!

Enjoy the day
TomO
Larryc Posted - 04/11/2021 : 09:42:00 AM
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a good work day. The cat has improved a lot just in the past 2 days. Sneezing is back to normal and the eyes have pretty much cleared up. Since there are no Railroad clubs in my area this forum fills that gap nicely.

Mike your not supposed to use vegetable slicers on fingers. Just watch for any signs of infection starting; if you see any get to the Docs soon. Hope your finger heals ok.

Jerry the cat's doing much better, thanks. Have fun working on the Mill.

Karl hope your well out of the way for any twisters...yikes!! Nice the Doll was able to get some furniture for up North; hopefully she saved some $ in the process. Answer the call when the bench beckons.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

It's 61 with a high of 70 with rain on the way; which we can use. Not much going on and probably will tinker with my project later.

Have a great day. Be well.
k9wrangler Posted - 04/11/2021 : 08:50:05 AM
Heavy rain and even a report of a possible twister W of us in S Grand Rapids area starting late afternoon and the rain overnight. Temp in 72 region while we were in GR, ahead of the weather, that his us just as we arrived home. Associated with the weather our temps have fallen, considerably, back to "normal" for this time of year, currently upper 40s only going to low-mid 50s. Sun at the moment, 0846, with showers a 50-50 deal today.

I bought some sheet plastic, Evergreen, at the hobby store in GR while the Doll was, antique shopping, scored some furniture for the place up North.

Today, probably will stick close to home. Maybe the bench will call my name. Have some cold pizza to try out in a bit.

Everyone have a fine day.

BE WELL
TRAINS1941 Posted - 04/11/2021 : 08:47:31 AM
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be safe out on the rails today!

Weather in South Jersey rain/54! Looks to be that kind of day!!

Mike read the rings. You'll see he really followed the books close to the movie

Larry how's the cat?

Work will continue on the Mill later today!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
friscomike Posted - 04/11/2021 : 08:45:06 AM
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck on the rails.

The monthly Division One http://cowcatcherdivision.org/ Zoom meeting went well. You can see it on the website under Youtube link. The program was presented by geologist Clarence Zink on mining. It was excellent. Next month we start our in person meetings. Yay!

I managed to slice my right ring finger to the bone on a vegetable slicer. I didn't go for stitches which I hope was not dumb.

Forecast is 84F and sunny this afternoon, but I can't do much outside.

have fun,
mike
Rick Posted - 04/11/2021 : 04:57:53 AM
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 63.

Mike, how was the meeting?

Tom, enjoy that time with the family.

Larry, hope the cat is doing better and thanks for starting a thread on your layout.

Karl, thanks for the link to the video.

Jerry, should be a rainy day which could mean more time with the mill.

Just more work for me today.

Have a great day everyone.
friscomike Posted - 04/10/2021 : 11:56:04 AM
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, I really enjoyed watching the Hobbit first, then the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I read the Hobbit years ago, maybe I need to read the Rings, too.

Sunny with high of 76F today. Quite a cool down from yesterday's 94F, but I'll take it.

Participating in NMRA Lone Star Region, Division One monthly meeting via Zoom. They are usually very good.

Have fun,
mike
tloc Posted - 04/10/2021 : 11:23:38 AM
Good morning from damp Wisconsin.

Yes, Terry is home and all is good. We had a nice dinner last night as she wanted Walleye. She of course is now down at the stables. Good hubby that I am I will ride on a horse with family at 10:30 our time. Thanks for the congrats on her return, boy she is dark from the sun!

The Tesla tech and the electricians have come and gone. I will get a detailed report tomorrow via email from Tesla. If he was 25 he was old but he definitely had that I am in charge voice. Very impressive. He showed me how to allow for remote viewing and how to turn it off. It’s on now.

Dinner with the kids tonight as the son is flying up from Nashville where he spent last night.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc Posted - 04/10/2021 : 10:07:17 AM
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Glad you enjoyed dinner. The cat has an upper respiratory infection with discharge coming out the eyes. The Vet gave him a shot, which lasts 2 weeks, which should get him better. His eyes seem a lot better this morning and the sneezing has diminished somewhat; almost like having a child.

Jerry have fun working on the Mill.

Karl half the fun of modeling, at least for me, is seeing what works and what doesn't...and I've had my share of "what doesn't". Keep at it.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A warm 56 this morning in New York with a high of 80; then a cool down. Work continues on the new project; hopefully a photo or two soon. Outside this afternoon to do a few things around the yard.

Everyone enjoy your day. Be well.
k9wrangler Posted - 04/10/2021 : 09:51:05 AM
Sun and 50s this morning with rain moving this afternoon. Had some rain yesterday and will apparently off and on for a couple.

Well, I will admit, I do have solar power here, too. Neat lights along the walkway come on everynight, just like magic.

Rick, Edison was from Port Huron, MI and was at one time a news butcher on a passenger line of the Grand Trunk and a sympathetic conductor let him do some experiments in the baggage car which he set on fire...supposedly. I paraphrase him at times when he discussed all the thousands of times it took him to get his lightbulb working, I've not failed but found thousands of ways NOT to make it work. Sort of like my model making lately...

Movie about Young Thomas Edison https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24mzz8 has Mickey Rooney and others..

Everyone have a fine day, inclement weather may drive me to the work bench.
TRAINS1941 Posted - 04/10/2021 : 08:53:08 AM
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
We never hear of it either Rick. But another dog a street over has it to.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/55. Later on cloudy/66.

A good day to work on the Mill.

Mike how was the movie one of my favorites.

Everyone have a great day!!
Rick Posted - 04/10/2021 : 05:20:41 AM
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers, mainly before 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 66.

Tom, great news about Terry and then jetting off to the islands.
Just happened to see this article yesterday and thought you'd be interested: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tesla-solar-panel-system-explodes-customer-claims
Hope things don't get this bad for you.

Mike, it's nice to sit back and watch a good movie.

Jerry, glad the mill is safe and hope the dog is OK.
I pulled a tick off the dog this morning.

Larry, hope the cat is OK.

Karl, didn't know Edison was from Michigan.
Learn something everyday.
Never heard of airborne tick disease either.

Dinner was great last night.

Have a great day everyone.

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000